Good luck tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sunshine 11

Good luck tomorrow

Post by Sunshine 11 »

Best of luck for tomorrow everyone. The odds look quite good 300 sitting at SHS for example and 128 places. For Marling 230 sitting for 120 places. Pretty good odds !

I am looking forward to hearing of everyone's experiences but remember not to post and test contents as there are quite a few children sitting in March and I am unsure if they'll use the same paper.

Good luck !
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
Tinnyknickers

Re: Good luck tomorrow

Post by Tinnyknickers »

Thank you. DS wants Pate's or Tommie's - any stats on these?

I chose the wrong month to give up alcohol..... :(
chumba

Post by chumba »

Yes, good luck to all!

Whatever the outcome, we will be so glad it is over tomorrow. At least the work we have been doing has seemed worthwhile, so year 6 should be a breeze!

They just seem so young to be doing this :cry: I'm another with an August born, so I feel even more sensitive to how young they all look.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

There's 270 at STR with a PAN of 108.

Wishing everyone luck and fingers crossed they all do well, wherever they end up. Mentioned exam to ds this morning and he said "oh yes, that's tomorrow isn't it, or is it next Saturday?". Well at least he's calm!

I know what you mean Chumba, I was looking at his end of year 5 photo and everyone else towers over him (even the girls) and he just looks so young. There are 2 other boys in his class sitting for Tommies who are August-born as well (making at least 4 of them) so he will be in good company.
True what you say about already covering Year 6 work - it should be a far less stressful end to primary life.
Last edited by Stressed?Moi? on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Sunshine 11 wrote:Best of luck for tomorrow everyone. The odds look quite good 300 sitting at SHS for example and 128 places. For Marling 230 sitting for 120 places. Pretty good odds !

I am looking forward to hearing of everyone's experiences but remember not to post and test contents as there are quite a few children sitting in March and I am unsure if they'll use the same paper.

Good luck !

128?? Isn't their PAN 120 also?

I would like to add my best wishes to everyone at this horrible time, and in the worst possible year..
Debims

Post by Debims »

Good luck everyone. Anyone know expected turnout for HSG and Ribston? Or Pate's for that matter. My DD will be at HSG and I'm way more nervous than she is - I've been banned from attending! Please post on here how you think they went after tomorrow - and then the post-analysis and the waiting begins...
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Debims wrote:Good luck everyone. Anyone know expected turnout for HSG and Ribston? Or Pate's for that matter. My DD will be at HSG and I'm way more nervous than she is - I've been banned from attending! Please post on here how you think they went after tomorrow - and then the post-analysis and the waiting begins...
Hate to say it Debims but it will probably be pointless. If dd and all her friends are anything to go by, when you excitedly ask how it went, the answer will be something along the lines of ...It was OK I think/No I can't remember/I did really well (followed by "think I left a section out"). They all got in so you may not be any the wiser.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Local press (if they are to be believed :lol: ) has reported the following numbers:-

over 600 at Pates,
230 at Marling
over 300 and Stroud High School
200 HSFG

No report of numbers at Crypt of STR
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

cazien wrote:Local press (if they are to be believed :lol: ) has reported the following numbers:-

over 600 at Pates,
230 at Marling
over 300 and Stroud High School
200 HSFG

No report of numbers at Crypt of STR
The letter from STR says 270, so just Ribston and Crypt to come in then..... anyone?
MountainDweller

Post by MountainDweller »

Good luck to all the children taking the test tomorrow. My 31st August boy also seems so young at the moment....he seems to have got more immature since becoming 10!

I cannot wait for this to be over! I'm definitely swaying towards to 'it'll take a miracle for him not to zone out/panic/instantly think he can't do it' camp now so feeling OK about it (I'm more concerned on getting to the test in the morning, and not forgetting that blooming form and sticker!)

I'll be the one with the bonfire on the Marling cricket pitch...feel free to bring all your 11+ publications for me to burn (I may regret that though in 2 years time when it's DS2's turn!)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now