Kendrick, Reading Boys & other Berks Consortium 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sonasona

Kendrick, Reading Boys & other Berks Consortium 2014

Post by sonasona »

The day of Saturday 13th September is almost upon us.

For myself, its been a funny journey, Dd was going to sit the test, then she wasn't and then she was no matter what! Along the way, I thought why us? Why did they have to change the test format from the ones we've known for so long, the Kendrick test we've been so used to. Then I realised its not just us, there were schools everywhere doing the same thing! Everyone was talking CEM.

Once we got going, we were away. I'm sure you've all put everything you could into it and I'm sure your hard work and relentless efforts will not go to waste. I wish you and your children all the very best no matter where you are and which school you desire. You deserve every success. Remember, we've only done a fraction of what our children have put in. They are the ones that deserve all the praise and whatever else you can heap on them after the tests.

Please do share your experiences of the tests here but please remember to keep it general and not to disclose any content of the tests as there will be late sitters no doubt.

See you tomorrow evening :)

Sonasona
sonasona

Re: Kendrick, Reading Boys & other Berks Consortium 2014

Post by sonasona »

Remember if you are not already there then London Road will be extremely busy today with both grammar schools sitting am/pm alongside the heaving Saturday traffic for the Oracle.

Leave yourselves plenty of time.

Good luck!
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Thank you for the traffic note. We need to start early. DD is playing in the park. I will fetch her and get ready to go for the afternoon session.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE SITTING TODAY'S TEST. I WISH YOU GET THE SCHOOLS YOU WANT.

No matter what the outcome well done to all DCs !!! Enjoy the evening.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Good luck everyone! My DD did Bucks on Thursday, Berks at Herschel today! Tomorrow we go to John Lewis to collect her reward for putting in all the effort this past year - with (mostly) good cheer!

Then roll on results day!!

Good luck :)
Sandala

Post by Sandala »

Just sent DD off for the afternoon session – she was remarkably calm, just slightly irritated at missing her Saturday morning TV time.

Best of luck to everyone sitting the Slough Consortium 11+ today – go get 'em: May the 'time' be with you all.

Given the sheer difficulty of the CEM exam, any child that sits it deserves a massive treat and congratulated for just turning up – our children are truly amazing!
gameon

Post by gameon »

Good luck to all reading and Berkshire takers.
Tearing Hair Out Mum

Post by Tearing Hair Out Mum »

Sandala wrote:Just sent DD off for the afternoon session – she was remarkably calm, just slightly irritated at missing her Saturday morning TV time.

Best of luck to everyone sitting the Slough Consortium 11+ today – go get 'em: May the 'time' be with you all.

Given the sheer difficulty of the CEM exam, any child that sits it deserves a massive treat and congratulated for just turning up – our children are truly amazing!
They truly are amazing, my DD thought Berkshire slightly more tricky than Bucks, glad it's all over now, just the waiting game :)
Tearing Hair Out Mum
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

My DD thought the Berks questions slightly harder overall, but the time pressure slightly less than for Bucks.

Who knows! :roll:

What will be will be now - on to results day!! :)
helping_hand

Post by helping_hand »

Booklady wrote:My DD thought the Berks questions slightly harder overall, but the time pressure slightly less than for Bucks.

Who knows! :roll:

What will be will be now - on to results day!! :)
my son felt the other way ... each to it's own , we are so glad it's over ....
I have to do it again in a few years .....
wonder how they will relay the results ...marks or pass etc...
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Have fun guys, it's all over!

Dd came out happy, no surprises, no worries :)