daughter never finished verbal reasoning for watford grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kumarie

daughter never finished verbal reasoning for watford grammar

Post by kumarie »

Hi everyone, I'm so worried and upset with myself. I have tutored my daughter using gl verbal reasoning and not morey house verbal reasoning. She found verbal reasoning very difficult and ran out of time. She left about 6 questions. Does anyone has any idea if she has a chance of getting watford grammar? We're based in Harrow.
noonynunu

Re: daughter never finished venal reasoning for watford gram

Post by noonynunu »

kumarie wrote:Hi everyone, I'm so worried and upset with myself. I have tutored my daughter using gl verbal reasoning and not morey house verbal reasoning. She found verbal reasoning very difficult and ran out of time. She left about 6 questions. Does anyone has any idea if she has a chance of getting watford grammar? We're based in Harrow.
I really feel for you. Try to put it out of your mind for now and wait for the final mark. I've known people to think they have aced it only to find they didn't get the mark they needed for any of the selective schools. I've also know people to think they really messed it up to find out later that they could pretty much have the pick of schools.

Wait until you know the results. I think I would be more concerned if it was the maths but the VR is harder to predict, or so I've been told. The fact your are in Harrow has nothing to do with it. The Watford grammar schools have set aside outer catchment places so there is still a good chance that you DC will get a place.
Radlettmother

Post by Radlettmother »

I spoke to several children afterwards who have done various other papers (DAO, etc, etc) and the consensus was that this was a trickier paper than the others, so don't panic. It may be they all find it tougher than normal.
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

Radlettmother wrote:DAO, this was a trickier paper than the others. It may be they all find it tougher than normal.
I am very surprised to see you post this, in what way was the DAO exam easier than the sw herts exam? In previous years I have been led to believe that the DAO exam is harder. Certainly DAO tends to perform better than the SW Herts Schools in the league tables.
Radlettmother

Re: daughter never finished verbal reasoning for watford gra

Post by Radlettmother »

I'm not sure I can post an answer until after the backup date has passed? I'll definitely respond then- sorry, but I don't want to discuss anything that might affect outcomes, it just wouldn't be fair.
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

Radlettmother wrote:I'm not sure I can post an answer until after the backup date has passed? I'll definitely respond then- sorry, but I don't want to discuss anything that might affect outcomes, it just wouldn't be fair.
Fully understand. My DC has just started yr5 so happy to wait until the exams are over. Would welcome any information you can provide as I have previously considered DAO as harder to get a place than the SW Herts schools.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I have sent you a pm, kumarie.
kumarie

Post by kumarie »

Thanks everyone for replying. Does anyone know if there's a huge difference in the gl vr and morey house vr? Many thanks.
Mrs Sinatra

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

Easy to say I know but try not to worry; I have heard a few cases where children don't finish and still get in.
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

Mrs Sinatra wrote:Easy to say I know but try not to worry; I have heard a few cases where children don't finish and still get in.
This is my experience too.

It's not over yet, hold tight, it will work out one way or other for you :-)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now