What is the best option if Not pass?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pdharmendra

What is the best option if Not pass?

Post by pdharmendra »

Hi All,

My son sat for Kent test on last Wednesday and Now awaiting for date 15th October for result..!!!

I wonder what is the best option if NOT pass??

I live in Tonbridge..Would think of Skinnner Kent Acadamy, Hayesbrook School Tonbridge or ...??

Would like to know if any private school around with fee no more than £5000 per Annum.

Thanks in Advance.
tonbridgemum

Re: What is the best option if Not pass?

Post by tonbridgemum »

I have friends with children who are extremely happy at Skinners Kent Academy. Incidentally it was over subscribed last year and know of a family in Hildenborough who didn't get in, so don't assume you would get in as its increasing in popularity every year.
Hayesbrook seems to have dipped recently, again, just from local friends opinions. I think a lot would depend on you DS personality. Hayesbrook has lost its sports status apparently.
I wish I knew more about the Hadlow 'free/rural' school. Anyone?? I think we would have considered it if we hadn't got into the church school.
I know it sounds obviously, but visiting is really the best way to get a feel for a school and how it would benefit your child.
doodles

Post by doodles »

There's Mascalls and Hugh Christie but you would need to look at their entry criteria. Then there are the faith schools St Gregorys and Bennett Memorial but again you need to look at the admissions policies.

Independent schools will have fee schedules on their websites - try googling independent schools in your postcode area.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think you would struggle to get a senior school with fees of less than about 3k per term so 9k per year these days (and most are rather more).

Some schools do have generous bursary funding which can be given to kids who do well in the exams and whose parents can't afford the full fees.

Worth browsing the local independent school websites and e-mailing the bursar for more info
doodles

Post by doodles »

I think that most prep schools in the area are between £3k and £4k per term so senior will be a struggle, but worth asking about bursaries etc. Try speaking to the bursars and admissions registrars you never know until you ask. Good luck.

You could start with Beechwood in Tunbridge Wells, Sackville in Hildenborough and Combe Bank in Sundridge which is in the process of going co-ed.......and there are others too.
Jonnyzap

Post by Jonnyzap »

Hadlow Free School is aimed at children who have a strong interest in a future career in and elated industries. Knole Academy in Sevenoaks is also good, but was also over-subscribed this year. However, they took on an extra form of entry to try and accommodate all children. Trinity in Sevenoaks also has its supporters, although for me it is risky because it is currently located in an office block and don't believe that it will be in its new buildings for September 2015, which is the current promise.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now