Phew, it's all over. What did you do to relax afterwards?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Phew, it's all over. What did you do to relax afterwards?

Post by Guest »

What a stressful time. How lovely the thought is that it is all behind us. DD went in really excited and up for it - was only a bit concerned when we arrived because sme children came out sobbing. I said (pinocchio style) that they were probably tears of relief.

I worried all the time she was there and was so relieved when she came out smiling. She said the VR has harder than she expected and she left out 5 questions - codes I think - ran out of time. English was easier than last years paper and maths was fine (don't know what that means as it is her weakest subject - we all have one!)

She went to her friends house for a birthday sleepover afterwards. I am just so relieved that it is all over and so proud of her for even attempting it and having such a fantastic attitude that I am starting to think that I no longer care what school she will go to (within reason :) )

If your child came out crying please know that I really felt for both of you. I was so worried that mine would do the same. Congratulations to them all for even attempting it - they should be so proud of themselves whatever the outcome.

What did you do to relax afterwards?
essex-mum18

Post by essex-mum18 »

My son did the 11+ at KEGS yesterday and it seems not real that it is now over.

He came out with a HALF smile (probably it is a sign of relief). He found that English was harder than the other 2 subjects. I am glad to hear that he managed to complete the 3 papers.

We did not do much after the exam because we were all exhausted. Went home with a good curry and watched X factor. Well, the first thing we will do is to take him for dinner in a restaurant tonight. He will be the Boss to choose the restaurant. Then, I can think of my X'mas shopping now.

I totally agree with you that we should be very proud of our children for their efforts no matter what the outcome will be. I was very emotional yesterday to see the boys come out when they finished the exam to meet their parents. In semi darkness(4:15pm yesterday), I said to myself," they are only 10 or 11 years old, what a great job they have done!!"

WELL DONE To all the BOYS and GIRLS yesterday!!!!!
mum2007

Post by mum2007 »

Hello all

I was so haapy for my daughter when she came out of the exam at 4.30 she had rose cheeks obviously due to pressure and the room being warm.

But the first thing i did was kissing her for doing so well!!!

I know that it's all finished but i feel a weight being lifted off my shoulders however she doesn't feel anything which is alittle shock to me.

The VR was difficult from what i heard eventhough she managed to finish all three papers just in time. :lol:

Now its the long wait unitl March......why so far?????
Bwinkie

Post by Bwinkie »

My son and three others from his school all said the same thing - English and Maths OK, VR hard.

Oh well, we shall wait and see. As has been said, 3 months is a long time but at least the first month should go quickly!

Post by Guest »

Hello Bwinkie, I was above you on the ' 2 days and counting' thread. I am so glad that your boy was well enough for Saturdays exam. Hope he is ok.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now