Cheating by any other name!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Cheating by any other name!!!

Post by Guest »

I was disgusted today whilst waiting for the second session to hear parents using mobile phones to get information from other parents whose children had been in the first session and then telling their children what to expect in the papers.

All the children have worked so hard to prepare for today. I find this behaviour despicable. If it was you that was next to me whilst waiting, I could hear what you were doing and you should be ashamed of yourself. If you didn't think your child could get by fairly and squarely then they don't deserve a place.

I was under the impression that none of the first session children would be allowed out until the second lot were in so that this couldn't happen. I will be contacting the CSSE regarding this - and yes, we have friends that sat this morning. I could have done the same. But my conscience is my guide.

Post by Guest »

for the boys at KEGS the first session finished as the second session was registering 12.00 and 12.10 .I think there was a larger gap between the chelmsford sessions and the kegs sessions hence time to relay any info to the second session. But does it really give those children an advantage?
I too will be asking the CSSE about this on monday morning.
jazzteddy

Post by jazzteddy »

Just goes to show how some will use any means at their disposal to get into the "right" school. Hopefully it won't have given anyone a real advantage over those who took the morning test.
Really is unfair to the children, the test is supposed to be a level playing field. Hopefully those who you noticed were the few and not the many, cheating is not the way.
BeenThereWornTheT-Shirt

Post by BeenThereWornTheT-Shirt »

:shock: Well if the child can't gain a place to a good school without cheating, they are obviously going to struggle.

Post by Guest »

I can understand your outrage but to be honest I'm not sure it would help at all. My daughter took the exam in the afternoon and when she came out there really wasn't anything that she told me within the first hour (or afterwards for that matter!) that would have been of any use to anyone else sitting the exam. She couldn't even remember the name of the book that the English comprehension was from!
Nervous mum

Post by Nervous mum »

I also agree that you can't really find out much information from the morning students who took the exams as they could only guide children if paper was difficult as that is what children are really worried about.

My child had there paper in the morning and i called a friend to inform her that the english paper was better this year and the order paper was done so sometimes it nice to help others it's not really cheating.

All children were in the same boat!!

Post by Guest »

Must just be me then being old fashioned - it would never have occurred to me to phone anyone, I would have classed it as cheating! I felt sick with worry before the exam as though it was me taking it. I was so on edge for the whole day that by the time we got home I was raging with the injustice of it. We all just want the best for our little darlings. Perhaps I should just stop being so moral and get stuck in :lol:
Thank you for your replies

Post by Guest »

Certainly it's cheating (or trying to) and a rotten example to the children. I agree with other posters, though, that it would be very unlikely to be of any help at all at that stage. It's more likely, I would think, to put the recipient children off their stride!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now