Glad it is all over.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MerlinFromCamelot

Glad it is all over.

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

So nice to have it all over and done with. DD is having a small bonfire in the garden with all her used worksheets. Boxing the blank papers up tomorrow. Looking forward to banishing all 11+ evidence from our home. No more 11+ ever again... yay
Mrs Sinatra

Re: Glad it is all over.

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

yay! When do you get results?
MerlinFromCamelot

8th October, all online so no more stalking the postman.
sidcupparent

Post by sidcupparent »

When does kent come?
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Hi Merlin

I know exactly how you feel. DS is my third and final child to sit the 11+ so I'm extremely relieved that I never have to go through the process again.

We went out to celebrate last night (lots of 10 year olds in the restaurant!) and tonight we will clear the 11+ cupboard and DS is relishing the prospect of a bonfire and seeing the papers in flames.

Enjoy your return to normal, post 11+ test, life. I'm planning lots of fun things to do in our free time during the coming weeks.
Last edited by Muggle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

sidcupparent wrote:When does kent come?
Kent results arrive the following week, Wednesday 15 October.
MerlinFromCamelot

Wow, well done Muggle for going through the process 3 times. This was our second time and I didn't think it was any easier than last time. It will be so nice to open that cupboard and the 11+ materials not being there. Enjoy your bonfire.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Enjoy the few days of relaxation! In a couple of weeks that anxiety returns as the results loom and then you have 5 months praying you get the school you want! My DC sat the 11 + last year and I didn't really relax until we had confirmation of the school place ( and according to my friends and family I'm the most laid back person on the planet!)
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

MerlinFromCamelot wrote:So nice to have it all over and done with. DD is having a small bonfire in the garden with all her used worksheets. Boxing the blank papers up tomorrow. Looking forward to banishing all 11+ evidence from our home. No more 11+ ever again... yay

All over...... really :lol:

Anxiety period for results
Exam results Oct 2014
CAF form nightmare Oct 2014
More Anxiety period
Council confirmation Mar 2015
New school induction Jul 2015
Uniform Aug 2015
More homework help Sep 2015 --> why did I send him to Grammar :x
MerlinFromCamelot

Nothing I can do about the result so no point being anxious about it. Wait and see, at least results are online now so no need to wait at home for the mail.

If we pass will probably go for our local grammar which is very close and we have a sibling already at the school. DD1 has managed to get to Y10, top sets for most subjects without extra outside help. I guess it may be different in case you go for the super selective schools but I gladly give that a miss. If they are in a school were they have the opportunity to do well than I'm happy.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now