The 'share' box - should I have ticked?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mrs Sinatra

The 'share' box - should I have ticked?

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

I should have asked this before... :oops: when I filled in DD's CSSE form, it said something like "do you want to share this information with your child's school". I said no. Is it just personal preference or have I done something stupid?

TIA.
ToadMum

Re: The 'share' box - should I have ticked?

Post by ToadMum »

Hopefully it won't happen again, but two years ago when the CSSE results emails were all held up in the system because they sent them with an attachment, people who had chosen not to let their child's school be told their result did rather rue that decision...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
bravado

Post by bravado »

No, don't worry, you haven't done anything silly :D
I too chose not to share the information with the school, in that very year that ToadMum mentions, as it happens :D It's all about how comfortable you feel about letting your school know and I suspect the same thing won't happen again with notifications, as it was the first year CSSE had to contend with the new system regarding secondary school choices.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I choose not to tick that box with both of mine, as we had a head teacher who was very anti the 11 plus, it didnt cause any problems.
Mrs Sinatra

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

Phew, thanks. What happened two years ago??
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Mrs Sinatra wrote:Phew, thanks. What happened two years ago??
Sorry, missed your post. It was the first year that the results were sent out before the CAF deadline; the CSSE helpfully sent out a guidance sheet with the results email, showing what scores had previously gained places at the various schools. However, they sent it as an attachment, which caused most of the emails to be held up in cyberspace for many hours... The results went through to the primary schools okay, so people who had allowed their primary school to be told were at least able to find out their child's score that way. We didn't have a child sitting that year, fortunately, and for last year they had worked out a better system so the emails generally came through quite quickly.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mrs Sinatra

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

I see ToadMum, thank you!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now