Selective Eligibility Test - DO NOT POST EXAM DETAILS...Yet

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MSC

Selective Eligibility Test - DO NOT POST EXAM DETAILS...Yet

Post by MSC »

I just thought we should thank the quick thinking of the moderator for editing all the posts that contained details of the SET yesterday! With all the excitement and relief, a lot of us forgot that there are probably still a few students who are yet to sit for the exact same papers due to being unwell yesterday!

Thank you again moderator. This post is meant to help, hopefully you won't have to edit more posts! :)
Ladymuck

Re: Selective Eligibility Test - DO NOT POST EXAM DETAILS...

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Cheers MSC - in the relief that the test is over it is difficult to remember about the late test!
Think there was combined effort on deleting - sorry I didn't manage to save anything I deleted out of the threads , often try to for it to be published on the forum later- but am sure that people will be able to remember :wink:
HogRoast

Post by HogRoast »

Apologies for posting details yesterday - it didn't even occur to me that some children would be sitting it late!

PS. Yes, got a few PMs which I ignored
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

There is anecdotal evidence that some people intentionally avoid the first sitting.

Indeed I heard recently that before some public exams recently there was a queue of healthy looking people handing in sick notes prior to sitting an exam (so presumably this had been recorded should the result not go their way). :shock:

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
J50

Post by J50 »

SunlampVexesEel wrote:There is anecdotal evidence that some people intentionally avoid the first sitting.

Regards
SVE

Not surprised. Given the posting of exam details and the child's ability to perhaps investigate from school friends what the exam was like then the devious cynic in me thinks this is not such a bad plan though wouldn't be something I would actually do.
kateJ

Post by kateJ »

But surely the schools have a different paper for this event- they're not silly, they know this can happen?
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HogRoast

Post by HogRoast »

This seems unfair if you're thinking about the "fake" late-sitters, but totally fair if you change to the perspective of the poor child who was genuinely unwell on the day.
MSC

Post by MSC »

" With emotions running so high it is, perhaps, not surprising that some families are accused of exploiting loopholes. Grammar schools in Redbridge were at the centre of a bitter row last year when parents claimed abuse of the system which allowed applicants to sit the 11-plus on Saturday or Sunday. Parents alleged that children were being encouraged to feign illness ... to ensure they sat the test on Sunday. Tutors would then call the Saturday candidates and grill them on the questions before passing the answers on.

The 11-plus results seemed to bear out the allegations, with a 29 per cent pass rate on the Sunday compared with 14 per cent on the Saturday"

Uhh...just found that !!

Credit : The Telegraph