Beginning of the long wait for results!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Gladitsallover

Beginning of the long wait for results!

Post by Gladitsallover »

After the Bham test last weekend and the Warks one this Saturday I'm in need of a holiday! DS is super relieved it's all over and enjoyed the uninterrupted minecraft/xbox splurge that was Saturday afternoon and all-day yesterday!

Overall he found the tests easier than we both thought he might - but I think that's mainly due to the terrifying Bond CEM practice papers that we looked at a couple of weeks ago. He definitely found the Warks papers slightly harder though. We are in Solihull so potentially could do schools in either area but being very cautious and getting him excited about local comp too.

Only found this forum a few weeks ago and only wish I'd seen it earlier - but I have DS2 who will take the tests next September so hopefully all the info will be just as useful for him and I shall be much better prepared :D !
serendippyty

Re: Beginning of the long wait for results!

Post by serendippyty »

Interestingly almost everyone I have spoken to did not find it as hard as expected making me wonder if results will be higher this year? Obviously we cannot discuss content yet so we have to be careful what we say.
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Raw scores might be higher but standardisation means the scores children get will remain pretty stable because 200 is always the average. So if 60 is the average 60 equally 200 points. If it easier and 70 is the average then 70 equals 200 points. The children are then placed around the average which is why in Birmingham the scores needed are remarkably steady. They go up and down on the other variables e.g numbers sitting and places available. The extra places last year was the reason the score needed fell a bit e.g in March FW fell from 227 to 224. Still very steady. Hope this helps. No matter how easy it is your child still needs to be in the top X per cent to get in.
mum1115

Post by mum1115 »

We are in solihull too.
My DS also sat both birmingham and warwickshire, he also felt warwickshire was slightly harder.
I'm trying not to think about it now, we went out for a meal on sunday to celebrate the tests being over and also my hubby's and daughter's birthdays, it's all go!!
gillw

Post by gillw »

Our DD sat the Warcs test a couple of weeks ago on the 6th.

The wait is agonising....
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Don't know when you've been told they come out this year, but they were sent a day early last year (arrived Fri not the Sat as advertised) and it caught us all by a very big surprise!! :shock:

This bit was the worst for me, I'm afraid ... you all have my greatest sympathies :(

JD
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

Yes I remember turning up in the play ground and being told people's results when I thought they were being sent out in the post that night.
That day of all days my postie broke down!!

My concern this year is that the kids I've spoken to this year say they found it generally easy - worrying about how much differentiation there will be.

JamesDean as you know the worst bit for me last year was the 9 blinking months between the result and finally being offered a place!!!! It was the length of a pragnancy!

Hoping this year brings a more definite result for me - can't cope with that again!!
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Good luck to everyone who has taken the test. I'm with JD on this one - the wait for results was awful so you have my sympathies.

Last year, with the results arriving early, I had friends calling me to ask how it had gone, but I was stuck on the motorway miles from home :( - and trying to understand the new weighting :shock:
chebiyebu

Post by chebiyebu »

Here we go again, we never learn. I can't believe am going through it again. My son said he found warwickshire easier than birmingham. The wait is excruciating. Good luck everyone.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Sherlock and Chebiyebu - can't believe you're having to go through it all again so soon :shock:
If all else fails, there's always gin :D

JD
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now