ID forms at Pates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KittenChops

ID forms at Pates

Post by KittenChops »

DD's test day ID form, to be 'retained until the grammar school admission process for 2015 is completed' was ... not retained. :?

I'm not panicking, cos I know she wasn't the only one, but has anyone got any insight into what's happened? Anyone else had this happen, especially anyone whose child wasn't in the Red area? Slightly concerned we may have been in a rogue room!
Tinnyknickers

Re: ID forms at Pates

Post by Tinnyknickers »

DS was in yellow. I asked at the end if he was supposed to leave the form with the school. I approached two invigilators who were standing outside the reception area. They told me they had both done different things - one had collected in the forms in her room and the other said we could just take them home!

I wouldn't worry about it!
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

Dd was in green and she didn't have her form collected and neither did the majority of the children in her room. I was panicking about it afterwards but not now as it appears so many children did not have their form collected. What are they going to do about it as it's their fault? Turn down all of the exams and then have to deal with all of the appeals, I don't think so.
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

Wow ! Pates really need to be a bit more consistent. Not retaining the forms defeats the object of why they had them. Unbelievable ! I think the head should be given a bit of feedback. I hear the watches were an issue as well as access to a clock within vision. They sound a bit disorganised to be honest !
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
KittenChops

Post by KittenChops »

They were very organised in a lot of ways - I thought everything went very smoothly on the day. I am surprised they weren't clear about something as fundamental as the form! But it's their fault, and seems widespread, so yes, what ARE they going to do about it?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now