Scottish Referendum - What is your prediction?!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MSC

Scottish Referendum - What is your prediction?!

Post by MSC »

Will we wake up tomorrow to a fundamentally changed U.K. without Scotland or not?!

Vote here for YES or NO.

YES for predicting an independent Scotland, and NO for otherwise.

Thank you.

My prediction is YES.

As much as I wish Scotland to remain within the U.K., I respect their decision. Just hope we will remain very close friends, if not still very much a family.
JamesDean

Re: Scottish Referendum - What is your prediction?!

Post by JamesDean »

YouGov have predicted 54% NO - I'm with them ...

JD
MSC

Post by MSC »

Thanks JD. I hope so too, but at the same time, I can empathise with the Scottish nationalists' excitement with the prospect of being fully independent.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I predict no. Which probably means it will be a yes.
MSC

Post by MSC »

2 Nos , 1 Yes predictions so far!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Hey hey, do you think we should ring fence Glasgow and Dundee, passport to Pimlico style?

Dundee could spend all day and night inventing and playing their whizzy computer games unaffected by British reality! I think their vote may have been a bit different before they became the mecca for gaming billionaires.....They are weeping over their British tax contributions.

Glasgow.....Well? Desperation always makes people search for alternatives.

I hope bridges can be built now without England taking too much of a financial kick and without too much petty mud slinging in parliament.
doodles

Post by doodles »

No, but close.
Amber

Post by Amber »

If I were Scottish I would have voted 'yes' as I can fully relate to the idea that what happens in Westminster isn't relevant. Even when I was living in Newcastle for 4 years I got fed up with the London-centricity of the media - if it isn't happening in the South East it isn't happening at all. Even here in Gloucestershire I feel that sometimes -in 2007 after the floods we had no running water (ironically) for 2 weeks and couldn't drink it for a month after the water treatment works flooded but I don't think it made the news more than once - so imagine what it must feel like if you live in Aberdeen or Ullapool.

As a Brit though, I am so glad they stayed! I hope that devolution which is what a lot of Scots want now gets taken seriously 'down south'.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I was hoping for a yes, but in all honesty I feel the vote was flawed, why couldn't the other parts of the UK vote
MSC

Post by MSC »

Ah, I was WRONG! I am glad I was!

"The people of Scotland have spoken and it is a clear result. They have kept our country of four nations together and like millions of other people I am delighted" PM David Cameron

Will this ever come up again? A referendum I mean. Hope not, for a long time anyway.