Bexley test - how did they find it?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mumof2bexley

Bexley test - how did they find it?

Post by mumof2bexley »

How did your DCs find the Bexley test?
My DD said it was ok, not much more info from her, but have heard that timings didn't seem to be as tight as last year in some sections, but tighter on others. Is this what other people have found? Not sure how much detail we can post yet, re number of questions and timings per section??
MerlinFromCamelot

Re: Bexley test - how did they find it?

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

DD was ok with the timing as well but has not really said much about it.

Her only complaint was that the questions CD was left running throughout the test. She said she was concentrating to finish the last bit of the maths paper when all of a sudden, a voice on the CD bellowed " 5 MINUTES!!!!! ". It startled her so much she ended up with a line on her question paper where she was working out. Guess I'm just grateful it was not the answer sheet.
dpla2428

Post by dpla2428 »

I warned my son that the timing was likely to be extremely tight, and he agreed that it was. He said most seemed to be struggling to finish in the given time.
mumof2bexley

Post by mumof2bexley »

I had also warned my daughter of timings being tight (something I'd picked up from this helpful forum), so she worked quickly, but hopefully not making silly mistakes. She did say she finished all sections. So will just have to wait now, rather than speculate on how she did.
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

Yes- I'm glad I knew timings were tight DD was prepared. She said, with supreme authority, that they had obviously not worked out the timing for the maths section very well! Lots of long div, long multiplication. She also said the first five questions were hard and she had to guesstimate a bit, but didn't panic and rest was straightforward. Who knows? But Townley were really welcoming- I was so impressed by them. Children were allowed into a hall as soon as they arrived with jolly PowerPoint presentation to distract nerves and headmaster wandering around chatting to them. Very different from the DG glum queues!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

MerlinFromCamelot wrote:DD was ok with the timing as well but has not really said much about it.

Her only complaint was that the questions CD was left running throughout the test. She said she was concentrating to finish the last bit of the maths paper when all of a sudden, a voice on the CD bellowed " 5 MINUTES!!!!! ". It startled her so much she ended up with a line on her question paper where she was working out. Guess I'm just grateful it was not the answer sheet.

This is exactly what my boy said about the bucks cem cd. I posted about it last week...said the lady on the tape was terrifying and made him fling his hands and pencil up in the air. :lol:
Midas

Post by Midas »

Removed.
Last edited by Midas on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orekan

Post by orekan »

crazydaisy wrote:Yes- I'm glad I knew timings were tight DD was prepared. She said, with supreme authority, that they had obviously not worked out the timing for the maths section very well! Lots of long div, long multiplication. She also said the first five questions were hard and she had to guesstimate a bit, but didn't panic and rest was straightforward. Who knows? But Townley were really welcoming- I was so impressed by them. Children were allowed into a hall as soon as they arrived with jolly PowerPoint presentation to distract nerves and headmaster wandering around chatting to them. Very different from the DG glum queues!
Very impressed with Townley also. The Head, teachers and students were very friendly. My DD would prefer to go to a mixed school but am now considering Townley. :D
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Now that the sep 2014 exam is out the way, can any parents feedback on type of questions asked in the english and maths part of the CEM exams

FAQs:
13. "Can I post information about 11+ test content (e.g. questions my child can recall), or request such information?"
Quote:
Remember that there may well be sessions for late sitters. As a responsible forum we will not allow anything to be posted that might prejudice the integrity of the test.
No one should be posting any test content unless a moderator has agreed.
Evidence that it is safe to post should be clear and beyond doubt (e.g. in writing from an authoritative source).
Copyright must be respected.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =9&t=29397" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now