John Hampden high wycombe

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
redapple

John Hampden high wycombe

Post by redapple »

Dear All

I am out of county and have put above school as my 1st choice. We passed thank goodness.Anyone know anything about my chances of a places
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi redapple

Congratulations!

The Allocation Profile for the last two years was:

2006 - All offered

2007 - All catchment boys offered, out area siblings and some out area boys to a distance of 10.905 miles.

So, it got a little more competitive in 2007, but still a good distance from the school before the places dried up.

This year could be different of course, as we cannot know how many children passed who put JH first, but the size of the cohort is similar to the last 2 years. It will depend on how far out of catchment you are, I would think.

Sally-Anne

Post by Guest »

Hello

Our son passed and we are within the catchment of John Hampden and RGS. John Hampden is closer to us (about 3 mins walking distance) and RGS is about five minutes by car. Our first preference is RGS - Would we get out first preference (RGS) or the nearest Grammar School to our house (JH)?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If you are close enough to RGS [your first choice] you will get offered it - you have to hope that those living closer have chosen another school, did not reach 121 or are girls!!

Chesk the profile from last year but it's all guess work - a computer at County Hall works it all out - the schools themselves are NOT involved.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Guest55 wrote:Chesk the profile from last year but it's all guess work - a computer at County Hall works it all out - the schools themselves are NOT involved.
RGS was able to offer places to all catchment applicants in both 2006 and 2007. The same goes for John Hampden.

If a similar pattern of applications is received this year you will therefore be offered RGS as your first choice.

Post by Guest »

Many thanks Guest55.

It is a long wait till March and hope he will get his first preference. JH is a very good school but my son prefers RGS.

Post by Guest »

Many thanks Sally-Anne.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope he'll get his choice.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now