Queen Mary's High Pass Mark?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
HodgeHillDad

Queen Mary's High Pass Mark?

Post by HodgeHillDad »

Hi, can anyone please advise me what the "pass" mark was (score for last place offered) at Queen Mary's High School for the last 3 years?
I believe the results will be posted out this Friday...
quasimodo

Re: Queen Mary's High Pass Mark?

Post by quasimodo »

The offer mark for 2014 was 316 and for 2013 was 2014.The last 3 years marks required will be in the letter from the school. A number of children get places from the waiting lists each year after offers have been made in March.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Correction the pass mark for 2013 was 314
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
HodgeHillDad

Post by HodgeHillDad »

Thanks quasimodo, good luck to you and your daughter
atmyage

Post by atmyage »

Hello,

Still confused about this whole process but could anyone clarify if the offer mark is different to the lowest score for a pupil to be admitted to the school.

So, you have a standardised score, and a offer score and the lowest score to be admitted. In last year's test the lowest score was 309.

the range for this year was lower than last year, so would the lowest score to be admitted be lower too?
WoolEyes

Post by WoolEyes »

In my letter from QMHS today it says (of the 2014 entry)....'the lowest score for a pupil to be admitted to the school was 309'

This seems different from the 316 figure quoted by Quosimodo.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

The lowest offer mark in September 2014 was 316 for Queen Mary girls.However you have to apply through your local authority for a place. You get one offer for a school but you can be placed on the waiting list for a school you wanted your child to gain admission.309 was the mark for the last child who gained admission in 2014.The mark range in 2014 was 200 to 440.The mark range this year 2015 is 190 to 420.Therefore since the admission numbers at 120 are the same children with marks lower than 309 will gain admission.
I hope I have been helpful

Abraham Lincoln
WoolEyes

Post by WoolEyes »

Thanks for the reply Q but I am still unsure. Is it the case that a child scoring 310 for QMHS for 2014 entry would be guaranteed a place?
littledippy

Post by littledippy »

My niece got 350 for qmhs and planing to move from North London. Can they be confident that their dd will have a place for sure?
WoolEyes

Post by WoolEyes »

Yes! No doubt about it.