Wghs Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Verytired

Wghs Results

Post by Verytired »

Mixed feelings about results this morning, we are strongly encouraged to apply for wolverhampton girls high (as all pass letters say) but her score was 298 and after being initially excited I don't think this is going to be anywhere near high enough if last years lowest place offer was 314? So yet again limbo time, anyone else in the same boat?
:roll:
sonasona

Re: Wghs Results

Post by sonasona »

Hi VT,

Don't be dissapointed, if WGHS have strongly encouraged you to apply then that's what you should do. Don't forget your consortium was the first CEM exam of the year and there would have been lots of OOC children sitting the exams. Only this morning we've heard from someone in Berks saying they have a score very close to 400 from WGHS. It's the highest I've seen yet here but know so well a lot of parents don't like posting scores, I'm one of them!

However, I can tell you they and everyone else who travelled up for 1st July won't be applying hence maximising your chances.

Don't despair and do what you need to. Good luck to you.

Sona
Verytired

Post by Verytired »

Thanks Sona, that's actually made me feel much more positive,
Thanks for your time
Amy
WindowGlass

Post by WindowGlass »

Yes, you shouldn't give up hope yet, but also realise that there are parents/carers that have gone to great lengths that are competing here.

That to some extent will mean that an element of less able children will get in; at the expense of and to the detriment of others.

You should explore all avenues, not just wghs. How about the other schools QM Walsall, Wolves independents with bursaries, Telford, Shrops ?
Anteater03

Post by Anteater03 »

Hi there, I am completely new to this! I had no idea how all of this works!
My DD received her results from WGHS and NGHS with a score of 317. Both letters strongly encouraged her to apply? I'm really not sure as her mark seems borderline? My Friend hasn't received a letter yet from WGHS and her DD score was 305 I think and she is very worried. Are parents still being encouraged to apply with 305? We also live out of the authority but only by 3 miles. Any help and advice appreciated!
Feeling confused Anteater
Anteater03

Post by Anteater03 »

I received a letter from WGHS and her score was 317, with a letter saying strongly encourage you to apply. However my friend hasn't had her letter yet only from NGHS and they said not to apply with a score of 305. I'm really confused!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Last year the offer mark for WGHS was 318 and girls with marks of 316 got in. The latter mark of 316 was confirmed in there letter which most parents received yesterday. If your dd has scored 317 she has done very well and must be congratulated for all her hard work and efforts. But from what happened last year girls with marks lower than 318 got in from the waiting list. The offer mark may be lower. I would advise you to apply for the school but to have nerves of steel and be prepared just in case to come and gain a place from the waiting list. If there is an initial disappointment be prepared to liase with the admissions officer and to keep regularly updating yourself on your daughters position on the waiting list. Be prepared to be proactive
Best Wishes.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
rajster

Post by rajster »

Hi All,

My daughter sat the exam and passed. Her mark was high enough to be told to apply. However due to my job situation we will not be applying. Orginally from Wolverhampton and living off Compton Road, many of our friends children goto the school and some have been very lucky to gain entry with a score that was near the cut off point.

Best of luck to everyone and be proud your daughter sat the exam. its an achievement itself
Verytired

Post by Verytired »

Thanks, I am extremely proud as she had no tutoring and we did no extra at home as only decided to enter for it quite late in the year, and I figured if she needed lots of help to get in then she would struggle when there (although now I feel guilty that we didn't get a tutor etc ) if it's meant to be it will be :-)
Jazz-UK

Post by Jazz-UK »

Verytired - That's a fantastic achievement and she sounds like the sort of person that will do well wherever she goes :-)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now