Travel from Stroud to Ribston Hall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sleepdeprivedmummy

Travel from Stroud to Ribston Hall

Post by sleepdeprivedmummy »

Hello folks. Just been offered a late entry into Ribston.

Do any Stroud folk have advice on travel to Gloucester. I understand that the only real option is a horribly early bus from Stroud centre (c. 7.20am). Does anyone know of a lift share option or minibus?

Thank you. :)
FluffyCat

Re: Travel from Stroud to Ribston Hall

Post by FluffyCat »

If it's any consolation, 7.20 would start to seem less horribly early after a while... (we don't do Ribston, but do do horribly early!)
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I see Ribston girls in stonehouse, don't know exact time but later than that, I guess it depends where in stroud you are.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

My 2 go to Ribston and Crypt and regularly leave the house from Hucclecote just after 7 to get a bus to school because they like getting the quieter buses.
California_Kate

Post by California_Kate »

My year 9 daughter takes the number 93 bus to Ribston, but later than the really early one you mention. She gets on the bus at about 7:45 (Dudbridge) and the bus leaves Merrywalks at 8:05. To be fair, she's often a little bit late to school (has to run to registration). On the way home, the first bus she can realistically get leaves from outside school at about 4:25 which means she goes to the library after school for 45 minutes and gets on with homework (bonus). I do wish the outward journey was timetabled a little more in our favour but it definitely works.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

First of all, congratulations to your dd; it's a fab school. Ref travel, a couple of girls in dd's class come from the Forest and they are sometimes late. There isn't a huge fuss, as they appreciate girls are coming from some distances. Not ideal, but I don't think she should worry about punishments (others may have different experiences?). Have you contacted the school direct? On occasions they send out global emails on various matters, so they may agree to sending one to see if any other dd's are in a similar situation. If there is enough interest, from time-to-time, parents organise transport themselves ie, contact a minibus company; it isn't something the school would do though.
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

Wowsers ! congrats for getting a place. That's quite late to get an offer did you have to go for a second appeal ?

When I was a child I travelled from Stroud to Ribston for 8 months until my parents moved house, it was an early start but I quite liked the peace and quiet on the way over on the bus, lots of hanging about at the end of the day, so nice they let them wait in the library nowadays. When we moved I then lived the other side of Gloucester so just as bad, I still had 2 buses to catch !! I travelled on my own as no-one else at the school travelled from Stroud, so nice if your DD has friends to travel with. I used to catch the St Peter's bus sometimes.....

Which school are you transferring from ? what a pain having to buy new uniform already :wink:
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

Sunshine, at this time of year I think it more likely that someone dropped out and she was next on the waiting list.
Alice in Underland

Post by Alice in Underland »

Yes 93 bus but the school will also know who is travelling from Stroud and who may be willing to car share.
The school used to let them out a little earlier to catch the bus home. Don't know if that is still the case. The buses seem to be jam packed these days.