Pates, Gloucestershire Standardised score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mfe

Pates, Gloucestershire Standardised score

Post by mfe »

Results! How does the standardisation of scores take account of the boy/girl mix? What a nightmare the whole thing is!
Orson

Pates - standardised score

Post by Orson »

It doesn't. Its done on age not gender.
sarahc

score

Post by sarahc »

what is the qualifying score??????
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

From other postings it looks like a Pates score of 240 would have got them into the top 120

Post by Guest »

gloucestermum wrote:From other postings it looks like a Pates score of 240 would have got them into the top 120
I think 240 only got you into the top 160

the top 120 weren't given their scores

Post by Guest »

Yes that's true. If you are in top 120 at Pates you don't get the scores. What a very complicated system this is!
jr

Pates scores

Post by jr »

My child got 237 and didnt get into top 160. Anyone know what score you needed - to get into the 160, or the 120?

Re: Pates scores

Post by Guest »

jr wrote:My child got 237 and didnt get into top 160. Anyone know what score you needed - to get into the 160, or the 120?
Looking at the other posts it appears to be 240 is the start of the waiting list, so you only just missed it, but unless person 121 reads here, we will never know.
G's mum

pates standardised score

Post by G's mum »

I do not know whether this will help anyone or not but it might...
My child passed in the 120 for pates but this was (hopefully) our insurance in case things went badly in neighbouring county so v v likely place will not be taken up. So if you are number 121 that may be good news!
trundler

Post by trundler »

how can u b prepared 2 take a place at pates and deprive a gloucestershire student of that place. i know you have done nothing wrong and r playing by the rules but morally its wrong.too many children from neighbouring counties or even further away r taking the places of local kids. these schools should cater for local students and families before considering anyone else, regardless of result.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now