Just something to take your mind off the wait - spiders

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mrs Sinatra

Just something to take your mind off the wait - spiders

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

I'm in that wait period, for the 11 plus results in Essex.

So. Spiders. How many of them are in YOUR house? I caught one today in a jam jar, and as i went to get a jam jar, there was one already in there waiting.
gameon

Re: Just something to take your mind off the wait - spiders

Post by gameon »

Oh!!! We get regular visits from them.....We don't get them out in the jam jar, we just kill them :roll:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Loads, just loads. In our house they are all called George. I take the view that they eat the other bugs. Sometimes I get the feather duster out. Sometimes.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Mrs S, that's my idea of a horror film!

2 big ones in the house (that I know of) this spider season and 2 at work: one last Friday in the ladies' toilet and one today in the classroom. Today's one was a jet black one, shudder, and I moved faster than the kids although I'm proud to say I didn't scream.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Woken up early Sunday morning by DS2 telling me that there was 'an enormous spider' in the bath. Not being that fond of them myself but knowing his habit of exaggeration in these matters, I went to have a look.

Unfortunately, he was right...

It was so big - and black - that I balked at whacking it and flushing it away. I am actually quite proud of myself that I managed to scoop it into a loo roll tube - one end blocked with a wodge of loo roll - and hurl it out of the window in the general direction of our neighbour's cat flap. On the grounds that the humans next door may be vegetarian, but the cat almost certainly isn't :lol: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Elibet

Post by Elibet »

Sorry to say I LOVE spiders! Am trying to convert my DS to the same point of view. Getting there, albeit slowly.

Spiders are welcome guests in my house. They scuttle around everywhere, and live under the floorboards. I think they are a sign of good luck, they eat the other beasties up, and I love their furry bodies, long legs, and intelligent eyes! :D
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Elibet wrote:Sorry to say I LOVE spiders! Am trying to convert my DS to the same point of view. Getting there, albeit slowly.

Spiders are welcome guests in my house. They scuttle around everywhere, and live under the floorboards. I think they are a sign of good luck, they eat the other beasties up, and I love their furry bodies, long legs, and intelligent eyes! :D

That is just just wrong.....

Boys watched in fascination as a female ate her husband in the corner of the kitchen ceiling yesterday...yeuch, she is finishing her snack in the Hoover until dh empties it!

Ghastly creatures, thankfully son number three has no fear and is chief evictor.
littledippy

Post by littledippy »

If we hear a scream then we know we have a visitor. DS1 screams then my brave DS2 take them out:)

I don't know how they get in!!! Nasty little creatures.....
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I quite like them too . The dog is Chief Remover , if he can be bothered to get out of bed , although they have been known to last a while stuck to his slobbery chops....so I think its more humane if I remove them. Had to use dd's slipper yesterday , she's trotting around the house completely oblivious. :P
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Our cat seems to enjoy munching on daddy long legs. Is it me or are there more of them this year? They don't bother me but the kids don't like them much.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now