cutt off marks for kent grammar schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pilot12

cutt off marks for kent grammar schools

Post by pilot12 »

Hi, anyone tell me cut off marks for JUDD and SKINNER schools last year.
Ladymuck

Re: cutt off marks for kent grammar schools

Post by Ladymuck »

On offer day Judd was 412, Skinners 407, but not sure what it went down to by the end of the summer.
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Why when you look on their websites does it say it was
Much higher? How do you
Know when you get your results whether you have a good chance or not?also what will test be out if this year is it still 420 or completely different?
CoolParent123

Post by CoolParent123 »

I am not sure If I heard it right.... Judd has offered a place in the waitlist for 407 marks?

Parents who accepted the offer for their DC to confirm?
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

So once you get your score and if it seems high say you apply for skinners but don't get in,how do you go on waiting list?do you organise it yourself with school?is it highest next score at the top?how does it all work? Thanks
CoolParent123

Post by CoolParent123 »

If you have placed Skinners higher up in CAF list .... your DC will automatically deemed to be considered for the Wait List.
However, they normally write to you if your DC was not offered a place on the national offer day and still wish to continue in the wait list.
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

So if skinners
Numer one then renga second.if you don't get offered skinners do you decline place at boys grammar? How long does it then take until you hear about waiting list?if you still are unsuccessful have you messed up your chance for place at boys grammar?
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Auto spell renga was meant to say twbgs
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

If you read Judd's admission pages for this year, they pretty much say they have no idea as to what the cutoff will be so apply if you are interested.

Certainly I felt sorry for anyone who scored around 410 and felt that Judd/Skinners were out of their league so didn't apply. Though I understand that even if you didn't apply in the first round, after national offers day you can still join the waiting list.

Always put the schools down o the CAF in your genuine order of preference. If you don't get skinners/judd then you will still be eligible for your next preferred school. You don't have to give up the allocated school in order to go on the waitlist.
CoolParent123

Post by CoolParent123 »

Firstly, we should accept the offer in the lower order school preferred in the CAF.
We should not reject an offer unless you have an alternative plan for Independent schools etc.

The Waitlist is always risky .... there is no 100% gurentee as we never know howmany places will arise and howmany people are in the waitlist.

I have heard an instance where in a student with higher marks initially never put a School higher up in the CAF form approached the school ater the national offer day requesting them to consider him for a waitlist. He moved on top of the waitlist and was offer the first available place.

Though this is an exception and varies from school to school based on the School Admission policy, one should accept a given offer and continue to hold his preference in the Wait List.