Can I change my school preference now

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
poppy

Can I change my school preference now

Post by poppy »

I would like to change my preference to a different grammar school. Does anyone know how I should do this?
Thanks
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Poppy

Ring Admissions and discuss it with them - better now than later. They are generally helpful, so I would hope that they would try to accommodate you if they can.

Let us know how you get on, as I don't recall anyone raising this question at this stage before.

Sally-Anne
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Poppy

You should have recieved the following leaflet, with your 11 plus scores...

SECONDARY SCHOOL
ADMISSION SEPTEMBER 2008

PUBLICATION OF
11+ TEST SCORES

See following link for a copy of the leaflet, see section B2

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/get/asset ... eaflet.pdf

B2 I want to change my preferred schools, what effect will this have?

Your original preferences (that is, those that you supplied by the deadline, 19 October 2007 for Buckinghamshire residents) will be used during the main allocation. A school place will be allocated according to those preferences and you will be sent an allocation on 3 March 2008. If you changed your preferences after 19 October 2007 and before 31 December 2007, then these new preferences will be considered after the main allocation. We will send an allocation based on your late preferences on 3 March 2008. If you change your preferences after 31 December, we will let you know when we receive them when to expect details of any allocation based on these changes. If we can offer you a place at a school you have ranked above the originally allocated school, then we will take the original offer away before offering you the higher ranked preference. You will not be able to hold two allocations (the original allocation and a late preference allocation) when coming to a decision. You need to bear this in mind before registering late preferences with us, especially if your child has adjusted to the idea of attending the school we allocate in March. Any allocation after the main allocation on 3 March 2008 is likely to result in fewer children getting their preferred schools, as we will only be able to offer places at schools that have not been filled during the main allocation. What you decide to do is up to you, however please note that it is difficult to assess the likelihood of the success of gaining a place at any school.

Hope this helps...

Patricia
hugh

Post by hugh »

Sounds like a high risk strategy unless you're really unhappy with your original first choice.