Teenagers!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Teenagers!

Post by Daogroupie »

Would anyone like to share some stories so I can feel that mine are not quite so bad after all! DG
KS10

Re: Teenagers!

Post by KS10 »

You gotta spill the beans first, DG ... :lol:
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Strange cooking methods - such as not straining the boiling water from pasta before putting in the sauce and straining the whole lot after......and then never ever attempting to cook again.

Never emptying overflowing rubbish bins and putting sweet wrappers and so on on the car floor.

Not getting out of bed til lunchtime.

Not too bad really!
asdguest

Post by asdguest »

Picking up 33 pairs of underpants and twelve towels for washing - and that's just one of four teenager rooms! Lol!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I have the best one ever, thankfully, not one of mine!

I was working at the election polling station, when the lady next to me got a panicky phone call from her 18 year old son, from college I might add, so supposedly intelligent.

"No darling, it doesn't work like that, your jeans will be fine, but your shirt will be wrecked."

Transpires he had accidentally put his new white shirt in with his posey designer jeans, this was when dark indigo jeans were cool, he was worried the shirt would bleach (or in fairness to him, take the colour from) his precious jeans, and wanted to know how to do an emergency stop on the machine and get the door open. :lol:

My own teen drives me to distraction, but actually always has done. I think it's the expectation of improvement with age that disappoints. He is simply a bit more adept at one line retorts, a lot taller and far smellier by the evening.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Using the floor as a wardrobe, or floor drobe as we call it.
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

My 14 year old has become obsessed with Hetalia and everything relates to it. Every country has at least one song, which she tries to listen to as much as possible......and they are..... :shock: Even her friends are now complaining about it.

She has started to shave her legs, which takes about 30 minutes and regularly ends in blood drawn. and her method of dealing with the few spots she has is to stare at them.
vasu

Post by vasu »

Cleaning out the snack shelf/fruit bowl/juice cartons within a short span of stocking them up. Worst part is leaving food wrappers and fruit refuse below his desk to fester(missing the under the desk bin, each time)!!! Arguing about every small thing with his father in some kind of Alfa male showdown!! Is this what you are looking for because there is plenty where it is coming from! Where did my sweet boy dissappear and replaced with almost 6 ft growling and moody boy
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Tinkers wrote:Using the floor as a wardrobe, or floor drobe as we call it.
We have a floordrobe too :D and even if stuff gets as far as the wardrobe - it will be in a pile on the floor. :roll: My 2 seem to have developed the sleeping until midday thing and "thing 2" leaves all homework until 7pm on the night before it is due. Cannot complain too much about DD as she went through her horrible/annoying phase aged 9-10 and is currently helpful, organised and sensible........most of the time. I can recommend a book work a read to put things in perspective:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Surviving-Your- ... mas+phelan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Going to see Tanya Byron at the Cheltenham Literature Festival next week - she is talking about " Raising Teenagers"..should be interesting
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

Girls can be quite mouthy too - mine was until one day everything was back to normal. Yes - it does happen eventually, when you have given up all hope. I know of mums who cry after having a run-in with their daughters daily - thankfully mine wasn't as bad and I had also learnt to disengage after a while and walk away.

My son is getting through a can of Lynx a week. I'm waiting for him to start being moody soon
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now