Nonsuch and Wally Girls Second Stage Entrance Tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
medsol

Nonsuch and Wally Girls Second Stage Entrance Tests

Post by medsol »

Hi all,

My DD has passed the SET and will be sitting the Wallington Girls and Nonsuch second stage tests shortly.

I was wondering if any one knows what the English and Maths exam content will be like? Will there be essay writing included with the comprehension, like the boys, and is it likely to be objective /descriptive?

I would appreciate any feedback at all, as there seems to be a lot more info on the boys exams than the girls.

Many thanks in advance. :)
tiffinboys

Re: Nonsuch and Wally Girls Second Stage Entrance Tests

Post by tiffinboys »

This would be the first year for stage 2 tests for the Sutton girls grammars. I think, the tests would be similar to the boys. See all the threads on Wilson's, Wallington Boys and Sutton Boys and as well as Tiffin Girls.

There are several responses from Ladymuck and would be very useful. One such is this.
Well for English, it is simply different - it is a writing exercise. The maths is trickier because there will be various 5 mark questions. Strictly I don't think they will go beyond level 5 topics in maths. In terms of writing not only will some children be writing at L6 standard, there will be a few at L7 standard. Certainly last year it appeared that the English paper was the one which differentiated pupils who got a place, and this year WCGS and Wilson's have put even greater weighting on it.

In one sense you are over the worst: I think there is more "technique" in answering the multiple choice papers. By this stage you've covered all the maths, and in terms of writing the main bit to practice would be to check writing in a 20 minute, 30 minute and 60 minute timeframe.
medsol

Re: Nonsuch and Wally Girls Second Stage Entrance Tests

Post by medsol »

Thank you Tiffinboys. I have been reading the threads...they are very helpful. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now