Sw herts school open evenings/days Queens

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
madsystem

Sw herts school open evenings/days Queens

Post by madsystem »

Be good to hear what people think of school and todays sessions.
I know it is sporty.
What is it like for science.
Does the house system work pastorally in helping children not be lost in such a large school.
plantagenet

Re: Sw herts school open evenings/days Queens

Post by plantagenet »

We were impressed by Queens all round. The several children we met were all articulate and personable and even the new Y7 talked with authority and pride about their school. Yes it is sporty but did not get a sense that element was emphasised to the detriment of other disciplines. The science faculty was well presented and all the teachers we met were friendly. I was particularly impressed that the new science teacher recognised the description of my Y8 tour guide from the other side of the school and knew his name and house. I liked the way that the house system creates a sense of a smaller community within what can be perceived as a large school. Teachers went out of their way to approach us and chat and we really felt welcomed. The head came across as no nonsense. We went to the last speech of the evening, some others who had been to the first speech had not come away with such a positive impression.