Less than a week until results...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mumof2bexley

Less than a week until results...

Post by mumof2bexley »

It is very quiet here in Bexley.
How is everyone feeling with the results less than a week away?
I'm trying not to think about it, my dd not mentioned it and hopefully it will be here before we know it - then it will be the wait to find out schools!
So, who is going to open the post or wait for dc and let them open it?
MerlinFromCamelot

Re: Less than a week until results...

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

Not sure if it is just me but it seems to have gone really quick this year.

When DD1 took the test a few years ago there was no discussion about who was going to open the mail. I did!! This time around I'm not so sure. Considering we will be getting an email and it will be on the website I may as well leave the letter for DD to open.

I do admire those parents who leave it to their DC to open the mail and find out first or steam it open and glue it back together in true Blue Peter style but it isn't for me I'm affraid.
Mehere

Post by Mehere »

I will be the one opening the post for definite, I almost feel like I have sat the exams too! I only hope the post arrives at a decent time, we usually get it at lunchtime (it will be a long morning) but have occasionally had to wait until after 5pm!

Yesterdays e-mail from Bexley says that the letter will contain the scores but the e-mail will only give the selective decision. I would certainly like to see the scores before by DC (that's my excuse for opening the letter).
onlyson

Post by onlyson »

DD has after-school club finishing at 4.30 so I shall definitely be opening it!!! She is already begging to skip it and I'm contemplating picking her up early..think she'll probably be dead of suspense by 4.30 :lol:
salsa

Post by salsa »

I think it depends on the children. Some need protecting. If your child does not get the score they need or do not pass, how would they take it? How would you take it? The same with allocation day. It is better to know beforehand to be able to prepare your child if need be. So, I would go for the open, prepare child, glue back together and then "open" again approach.
optimisticmom

Post by optimisticmom »

salsa wrote:I think it depends on the children. Some need protecting. If your child does not get the score they need or do not pass, how would they take it? How would you take it? The same with allocation day. It is better to know beforehand to be able to prepare your child if need be. So, I would go for the open, prepare child, glue back together and then "open" again approach.
Awesome Salsa! I love that approach!

My son already told me how he felt with this exam hence I think he has already prepared himself for the worse.

Optimisticmom
salsa

Post by salsa »

I'm glad you like it! :D The other thing to remember is to be sensitive of other children. That is why they send the emails after home time.
Then there will be the sharing of scores, the competitive parents, lots of arguments on this forum...
We need to remember that children are children and it is very difficult not to share information with their friends, whether it is good or bad.
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

Is it Wed next week then? What time does the email and the webpage result arrive? :?
Rachdougl

Post by Rachdougl »

My daughter is more worried about the other children in the class if she hasn't passed, as feels that if she doesn't then other children will take the mickey out of her. Trying to stay positive and explained that it really is only a handful of kids that are deemed selective, and they have there whole lives ahead of them.

The only thing that seems to bother me in about this whole process is based on the email that Bexley sent yesterday. Why is it that the school's get the results before we as a parent do. Considering you now have to register your child if you want them to sit the test, why do they the result first.
nssdesikan

Post by nssdesikan »

Rachdougl wrote:Why is it that the school's get the results before we as a parent do.
When will the dc school get the result?
Rachdougl wrote:Considering you now have to register your child if you want them to sit the test, why do they the result first.
Sorry, I don't get this.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now