North Cestrian

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NS1

North Cestrian

Post by NS1 »

What are the general views if North Cestrian Grammar becomes a state school? Would anyone put this ahead of Wellington in their school choices as back-up if their child is not successful in the grammars?
Altymumof2

Re: North Cestrian

Post by Altymumof2 »

I think I would want to see what was happening with it first. I know it caters a lot for children with SEN, not sure if this will still be the case if it were to go state?
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Hello,

Just read email from AGSB. a letter from headmaster.

AGSB is supporting the North Cestrian school in becoming a non selective, free state school. Apparently North Cestrian was rejected in its first bid to become a state school- however the recommendation was to get the support of outstanding state school. So AGSB has now agreed for this support.

Don't quite know what to think actually- a highly selective school supporting a independent school in becoming a non selective free state school.....

can this indicate the the urgency of future secondary school places in trafford?????
NS1

Post by NS1 »

Thanks Oshosh and Altymumof2. it is going to be a difficult one and could go either way, but support from AGSB sounds positive.....I think?
enema

Post by enema »

Maybe its a mentor type thing... like AGGS is steering some failing state primaries in areas of Manchester? Maybe they need an outstanding school's endorsement/support on an ongoing transitional basis.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now