TWBGS or Bennett

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NoBigDeal1

TWBGS or Bennett

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

I am yet to look around boys grammar but not heard many positives, beginning to think why did we do test....
scarlett

Re: TWBGS or Bennett

Post by scarlett »

My friend has a son at the boys grammar and she is really pleased with the school. He is doing really well academically ( and was a borderline pass ) , has a full extra curricular timetable at lunch times and after school, been on school trips , my boys at Maidstone would have loved to gone on and more importantly , is developing into a lovely young man. Not sure what else you could possibly want !
Myrtle

Post by Myrtle »

Hi NoBigDeal1,

I am also attending all the open days. Some with my DS and some without.

I am confused as to why so many of the open days for grammar are before the results are out. It does make it hard for DS to actually get too excited about each school and also for us to manage him in the direction we want.

We attended a boys grammar very recently and attended the head talk. It was a disappointment not only to me but also to my DS as he came out saying he didn't want to go.

It really is hard to pick through all the marketing of each school and find out which ones right for your individual DS, isn't?!

Keep in touch, would be good to hear your thougths of the open days as you attend. All the best Myrtle :)
whichwaytogo

Post by whichwaytogo »

I agree that it is a big waste of time for all concerned that all the school visits are before the results. It is a waste of time for all the parents taking their kids around schools they might not be eligible for, and for the schools a waste of time having so many visitors. I believe Bennett had 3 nights as the interest is so huge.

If there was longer after half term before the form had to be in, they you could get your results and then look with more certainty at a smaller selection of schools! They don't tell us the results until March, surely they could push that form date back a bit! Just wanted to vent, I feel as if I have looked around every school in Kent, grammar and non grammar!
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

I have children at both schools if you want any specific questions answered Nobigdeal.
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Thanks everyone.my son wanted to do 11+ did not even tell school because he is very borderline.but at home with me he did really well.he worked so hard,no tears,arguments or stress.but he really has worked so hard over summer and for about 2 years!everyone says u know what school will suit them but I am not so sure.have only shown him Bennett because my husband went there,I went to twggs and did not love it! I was going to send him to Bennett even if he passes but because he keeps talking to his friends he wants to go grammar!obviously test may be a total disaster and he won't have
Much choice! Don't want to show him schools he can't even go to but will have to as boy's grammar is next Monday. Also everyone obviously says grammars only good if you are level 5 which he wasn't but has a great work ethic.does that not count for anything!always does so well in his homework etc.just feel in a muddle!
doodles

Post by doodles »

I thought that TWGSB open evening was last night. Is it tours next week? You may need to book.
NoBigDeal1

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

Yes have booked a tour for Monday, have 3 kids and husband away so has been impossible to go to open evenings
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now