Sw herts open evening st clement danes

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
madsystem

Sw herts open evening st clement danes

Post by madsystem »

Couldnt make this one, on prior visit liked, but worked out need high school to get in from watford and if so liked more local schools.
What did anyone think of open evening.
Any know distance and score cut off from last year, final scores. Only seen allocation day
Other thoughts on school
mon786

Re: Sw herts open evening st clement danes

Post by mon786 »

Surprised no one has responded. See http://www.stclementdanes.org.uk/download/199" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for information on scores. The scores were very high last year at all SW consortium schools so not sure how you judge it. I understand that most academic places go to people far afield like Ruislip and in Bucks now as unlike Watford Grammars, there is no distance limit on academic or music applicants.
School had great results last year and is actively aiming to compete with grammars - largely possible now as Chorleywood area is full of Middle class families now. some very bright kids but also very mixed - so kids are set in many subjects early - bright kids will do well - not sure about middle performers or those with issues. Very sociable school so lots of parties and such like if your child wants that type of lifestyle.
Hera

Re: Sw herts open evening st clement danes

Post by Hera »

School had great results last year and is actively aiming to compete with grammars - largely possible now as Chorleywood area is full of Middle class families now. some very bright kids but also very mixed - so kids are set in many subjects early - bright kids will do well
Thank you for that. How does the setting work; is it done by individual subject or are they put in one stream for all subjects in Year 7 like at Rickmansworth?

I would like to know what the final scores cut off were for music and academic last year if anyone knows. I emailed admissions at the school but they have ignored my emails suggesting that it is information they are unwilling to give. They never seem to provide lowest scores to WP either.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now