Do primary schools get notified?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kg309

Do primary schools get notified?

Post by kg309 »

A few years back my mum got my brothers results over the phone from his primary (the year of csse email meltdown) does anyone know whether the schools still get notified?
Just wondering how to interpret those teacher faces at the end of the day tomorrow!

Kara xx
michy1969

Re: Do primary schools get notified?

Post by michy1969 »

i think you were given the option when you registered for the primary school to be notified.I suppose you could opt out if you wanted to
Mrs Sinatra

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

Primary schools do get told unless you opted out of them knowing, which I have.
helpmehenry

Post by helpmehenry »

I opted for school to get results - does anyone know when the school receive ie before or after us??

Getting really nervous now....
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

In North London it is usually 4-7 days before the parents. The idea being that they can prepare for any issues. With DD1 (in the dark ages, 3 years ago, when we waited until March) I had a parent/teacher meeting at the end of February. I mentioned how nervous we were.....we thought that she'd a place at Latymer because Maths is/was her best subject and she felt the second stage went really well, but missed out questions on the St M's VR so were anxious. Her Y6 teacher asked if St Michael's was our first choice, and when I told her it was she gave me a great big smile! Obviously she knew dd had a place, and that was on the 24th February!
Mrs Sinatra

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

Judging by what I've read on this forum, it seems as if primary schools do know earlier. I don't think they say though! It's slightly driving me nuts that the results are in an envelope somewhere. But I'm calmer today than I have been for a loooong time.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now