CAF query and Thornbury to Stroud Transport

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
snegita

CAF query and Thornbury to Stroud Transport

Post by snegita »

Dear fellow forum member,
My daughter passed the 11+ test and ranked 214 for Stroud and within 120/114 for Ribston Hall and HSFG. We are hoping her to get a place in Stroud High School. We currently live in Thornbury, we have a couple of doubts as:
1. We plan to fill-in South Gloucestershire council Common Admission Form and put Stroud High and Ribston Hall as our first and second option followed by Castle School as third option. Do we need to submit another form from Gloucestershire council or South Gloucestershire will ensure that our file is shared with Gloucester so that my daughter is not missing her grammar school admission in the loop of council procedure.

2. Any ideas for transport from Thornbury to Stroud. We are also thinking for possible relocation to Cam&Dursley or Stroud if no suitable transport is viable.

please share your experience or views. thanks.
ayroxy

Re: CAF query and Thornbury to Stroud Transport

Post by ayroxy »

Hi,
I live in Bristol and my ds got qualifying scores for Crypt and Marling. You only need to fill in one CAF form from South Gloucestershire (in my case Bristol) with your order of preference, which was what I was told by Gloucestershire council.

As per transportation, I am trying to source out one for my ds but I too wont mind moving in to the county