Essex out of catchment and borderline score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

salaam

Essex out of catchment and borderline score

Post by salaam »

Hi, well done everybody! Just wanted to ask what or if there are any chances of entry to Southend Girls or Westlcliff with a score of 308.209? Thanks.
dez

Re: Essex out of catchment and borderline score

Post by dez »

salaam wrote:Hi, well done everybody! Just wanted to ask what or if there are any chances of entry to Southend Girls or Westlcliff with a score of 308.209? Thanks.
Last year the eventual cut off for out of catchment (OCC) for SHSG was 316 and WHSG 330.
Munchkin70

Post by Munchkin70 »

It went lower than that.... SHSG was 314 and WHSG was 317 as my dd was the one they offered it to!!!! Don't give up hope there is soooooo much movement. Hopefully this year won't b as slow as last year and u won't have to wait as long!! Good luck x
Bisi

Post by Bisi »

dez wrote:
salaam wrote:Hi, well done everybody! Just wanted to ask what or if there are any chances of entry to Southend Girls or Westlcliff with a score of 308.209? Thanks.
Last year the eventual cut off for out of catchment (OCC) for SHSG was 316 and WHSG 330.

My DS scored 336 and we are OOC, he wants to go to WHSB or SHSB. Your post is giving me hope!!!
Munchkin70

Post by Munchkin70 »

In previous years that would of been a high enough score to be in... Last year was an extremely high scoring year....I know only too well what waiting feels like but don't give up hope at all as I said there is plenty of movement and you just can't second guess what others are going to do or you will drive yourself mad! Sit tight keep your eye on the forum because it is very helpful and don't listen to what other mums say in the playground!!! I am keeping everything crossed for you!!!! Xx
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Bisi wrote:
dez wrote:

My DS scored 336 and we are OOC, he wants to go to WHSB or SHSB. Your post is giving me hope!!!
My DS scored 332.9 and eventually got into SHSB at the end of June (OOC)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The only note of caution I would sound, is that both SHSB and WHSG decided - well after allocation day - to offer an extra 30 places. For SHSB, I would assume that the extras came directly off the SHSB waiting list, but the initial effect of the extra places at WHSG was that about 18 girls from the new SHSG intake moved to Westcliff - possibly because they would find the journey easier - and so quite a large new group got a place at SHSG.

All the Southend Borough grammars are indicating their 'normal' PAN again this year.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
salaam

Post by salaam »

Thanks for all your replies and comments. This forum is very helpful. Thanks x
Icepop

Post by Icepop »

Hi, I am also out of catchment, interested in WHSG. I think my DD is a borderline case too, a little worried though, her scores are:

English :37/60
Maths:41/60

Overall score o/c : 315.504

Proud of her score as she tried her best, hoping for a positive outcome.
essexman009

Post by essexman009 »

Hi, my DD has scored 321.out of catchment ..wondering if she has a chance in WHSG or SHSG this year....
Proud of her for her efforts ....like all parents ....

Best wishes and luck to all
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now