Wilson's vs St Olaves

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kcp

Wilson's vs St Olaves

Post by Kcp »

DS got likely at St Olaves. Awaiting for the outcome for Wilsons's. Please advise pros and cons for each school. I would appreciate experience from current students so it will help me to make the right choice.
tiffinboys

Re: Wilson's vs St Olaves

Post by tiffinboys »

What did you see on their open days that you liked most? What features in these schools were your reasons for choosing these schools to sit for their test? Your answers would lead to the distinguishing features of these schools. Both are academically high achieving schools, and very good sports, music and extra-curricular activities.
Kcp

Post by Kcp »

tiffinboys wrote:What did you see on their open days that you liked most? What features in these schools were your reasons for choosing these schools to sit for their test? Your answers would lead to the distinguishing features of these schools. Both are academically high achieving schools, and very good sports, music and extra-curricular activities.

Academically both schools looks good. Also met current students from both schools and all have good things to say about both schools. One thing is true that both schools calls for strict discipline, which I feel is good as it makes child more responsible. My only concern is commuting. I don't see any diffrence with regards to quality of education and sports. I will have wait for Wilson's result and then make final call. DS is open to both schools, however is 1st preference is St Olaves.

Let's wait and see til 24th oct.
ShrimpStation

Post by ShrimpStation »

I'd go for the one that:
- is easiest to get to
- has other children there that DS might know
- DS liked the best