CRGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Anna_spingold

CRGS

Post by Anna_spingold »

Hi, does anyone know what the final cut off mark for CRGS was last year?

Thank you
fausto

Re: CRGS

Post by fausto »

9 school days in I think. That was for a 3 form entry, there will be another form in Sept.
hope72

Post by hope72 »

DS got 340 and wants to go to CRGS... Very concerned :(
moved

Post by moved »

With the extra form things are looking good for you! Keep your fingers crossed.
Rachel22

Post by Rachel22 »

I have been a silent member on this forum till date..received our DS scores and he got 371.
He also cleared QE with a score of 253.

We are very confused on where to go (CRGS, KEGS or QE)..any advise will be greatly appreciated.
I have heard that QE is very strenuous but have no feedback on CRGS/KEGS (and which is better)..

we are o/c but will move as per the school selected..
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

Rachel22 wrote:I have been a silent member on this forum till date..received our DS scores and he got 371.
He also cleared QE with a score of 253.

We are very confused on where to go (CRGS, KEGS or QE)..any advise will be greatly appreciated.
I have heard that QE is very strenuous but have no feedback on CRGS/KEGS (and which is better)..

we are o/c but will move as per the school selected..
I would highly suggest that you go, as a family, and drive around the different areas and look at the area and the rental/buying opportunities near the schools.

This will affect your commute if parents work and siblings?? Or perhaps you have an only child (which makes things so much easier)?

My advise to you is to pick the right school/location for everyone in the family. The three schools you are considering will give your son a wonderful education so it doesn't really matter which one he attends from that aspect.

Your "job" as a parent is to support him by supplying a nice family environment and support for the next (5-7) years at the school. That means the rest of the family needs to be happy where you choose. Seven years is a long time to hate the commute/area that you have chosen.

Good luck and congratulations for the scores that give you this wonderful choice to consider.
fausto

Post by fausto »

Hope72 - its a tricky one to call, but as Moved said, there are an additional 24 places, so that must alter the numbers slightly.
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

It's a shame that they don't give a ranking one for boys and one for girls. It would give a better idea given that we know the number of spaces across the county. I know we wouldn't know which scores were in/out of catchment but someone clever might be able to figure rough cut off points.

I keep hearing that the standards were higher last year and DS got a score 347.891 and we're IC for KEGS but i'm worried that if the standards are high again this year then the minimum entry SS might be higher, ditto for CRGS. Borderline scores are scary :x