Bourne Grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tigerlilly

Bourne Grammar school

Post by tigerlilly »

Hi all

Please can somebody offer any advice.

My daughter passed her 11+ I have asked the school for her score and she got 233.

My question is do you think that is a high enough score to be able to cope at the grammar?, I am just worried that if she goes there that she could end up out of her depth. She is has always exceeded at her primary and is getting very good levels and will leave well above the government national average.

Has anybody got children there that have scored similar and are coping well?, or does the test have no baring on what they will learn in school?

Sorry if this is weird question, this is all new to me ;-)
Blueberrypie

Re: Bourne Grammar school

Post by Blueberrypie »

Probably depends on how much preparation she did for exam. If she got this score off her own back then i am sure she will do great, if she was heavily tutored it would be difficult to know. In my daughters school a girl genius passed with 229 who is currently top in her year (we've just had presentation evening), another girl who scored in the 230's because of heavy tutoring is in bottom sets and struggling, having to go to extra classes at lunchtimes etc to bring her up to speed. I think a better indication is probably to look at how she is working at school as that is whats going to matter once she is at secondary. I know there is a massive variation of levels the students start with but high level 5's - level 6 seems to be average start point at our Grammar.
tigerlilly

Post by tigerlilly »

Thank you for your quick reply.

I am not going to lie she did have some tutoring at the start of year 5, but she did pick it up really easily so it wasn't a regular thing we also did preparation at home leading up to the exam.

She has levels at 5 at the moment and will hopefully leave on 6's

She is defiantly not bottom or struggling in anyway.

Thank you that has really helped
Blueberrypie

Post by Blueberrypie »

By the sounds of it, she will do fine. Good Luck.xx
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

I am sure she will be absolutely fine. I know someone who scored with some tutoring early 220's and is coping fine and in top maths set.
tigerlilly

Post by tigerlilly »

Thank you everyone

That has really put my mind at rest ;-)
Clarek851

Post by Clarek851 »

My daughter is a summer baby and level 5 maths and 6 English, this seems the norm so sure your dc will be fine. X
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now