Total score 273/280
crazydaisy

Re: Newstead wood result 2014

Post by crazydaisy »

Oh bad luck on that NVR score! :wink:
Ahmedfamily

Post by Ahmedfamily »

Unfortunately my daughter didn't pass the test but well done to those that did :)
MagicKey

Post by MagicKey »

Congratulations to the Dds who made it and my heart goes out to those who did not. I hope these little ones do not see it as a failure.

Can I ask what the pass mark is to be able to get in in the past years.
Ahmedfamily

Post by Ahmedfamily »

MagicKey wrote:Congratulations to the Dds who made it and my heart goes out to those who did not. I hope these little ones do not see it as a failure.

Can I ask what the pass mark is to be able to get in in the past years.
218-220. Can I ask if my daughters mark is 192 is it absolutely pointless putting it on the caf?
I definitely do not see as failure- seeing the hard work and dedication put in is more than enough to satisfy me! :D
Bobbysox

Post by Bobbysox »

I see the letter says historic cut off is 218-220 but is that the first cut or the 2nd/3rd cut? Does anyone know the actual first cut mark from last year??

My DD did better on the bexley test but missed the top 180 by 1 mark so no guaranteed place there and now her newstead score is nowhere near as good as that :(
romeojuliet

Post by romeojuliet »

Hi There,

My DD has scored 121/140 in NVR and 110/140 in VR. Pls let me know whether she will get a place in Newstead..There is no ranking or nothing...so just wondering :?
stillhovering

Post by stillhovering »

Last year I seem to remember the historic cut-off was given as 218/219. We know one girl who fairly late on (summer term) was given a place on 219 - so I think the cutoff must relate to the (final) intake after successive offers. It will all depend on numbers placing Newstead first...The previous year the first round offers were definitely higher than the stated cutoff but the later offers were at the given cutoff level. Hope this helps...
romeojuliet

Post by romeojuliet »

Thanks lot stillhovering, fingers crossed :!:
superfly

Post by superfly »

Hi all. I think at this stage its very hard to say categorically whether any child will get in or not - there is no concept of pass or fail. As Newstead is based on a rank order of scores with no catchment area (other than the 9 mile radius) there are alot of variables at this stage. For example: the demographic will vary each year, as will the test itself and in particular the number of forms submitted with Newstead as No.1 in the list. If some of the kids scoring well in Newstead put Townley, Chis + Sid, TOGS, and also private schools, then others will get in during final clearing (as our eldest daughter successfully experienced last year!).

For example you might find that the raw ranked order of 160 kids might have a score of 225 and above (a guess !!), but the school will have factored that based on experience, some of those will pick other schools in the final decision and turn Newstead down. Bearing in mind they've done 2 years with the additional form class (160 intake in total vs 130 or so 2 years ago), then the 218-220 guideline should give a good indicator but not a guarantee of success or otherwise. From a personal opinion (for what its worth !), i'd think if you in or around or just below that, its worth a punt if you like the school. Equally if you're a good few marks above the indicated cut off, I'd think you've got a good chance. But at the end of the day, you'll only know when final decisions come out. Good luck all :)