Have any Southend people filled in the online application?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Manana

Have any Southend people filled in the online application?

Post by Manana »

I'm confused! It asks you if you think your child will pass the selective exam but nowhere on it, are you given the opportunity to say that they've actually passed? How will they know!?
MmeOgg

Re: Have any Southend people filled in the online applicatio

Post by MmeOgg »

I'm assuming there is a list of CSSE marks somewhere, against which applications can be compared.
But you're right - I don't know how they actually manage to tie it all up.
Manana

Post by Manana »

MmeOgg wrote:I'm assuming there is a list of CSSE marks somewhere, against which applications can be compared.
But you're right - I don't know how they actually manage to tie it all up.
It sounds like a cock-up just waiting to happen, doesn't it!?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Just tick the box to say yes... :D

Although I must admit I found this a bit odd when we applied for DS2's place this time last year - it was a new thing since the previous time I'd completed the form, DD's for 2012 entry. I half expected the statement to have changed when I reopened the form after the results.

Funnily enough, I was discussing this earlier with a friend whose DS hasn't passed - given that you have to be turned down by a school in order to appeal against that decision, she was going to try applying for a place at one of the grammars to see what happens if you don't check that particular box.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Dotty12345

Post by Dotty12345 »

I have just back into my application and ticked yes (did not give a thought before!!), strangly that question is not asked for ColCHS. First time I have done this - hope it is all OK. It's a long time until March (my DS is out of OOC for all GS). Don't think I will have any nails left. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
kg309

Post by kg309 »

I've completed my application. I changed the box to yes and then in the reasons why you want the school I entered the score DS got.

I was wondering how relevant the comments for supporting information box is if allocation is based on score?

xx
blah

Post by blah »

I had the same query so emailed the Southend admissions office. My mail and the reply are below:

"Hi,

I just wanted to confirm that when applying to the grammar schools, no further information is required to that asked for on the online admissions form. In particular, I don’t need to supply my son’s candidate number from the CSSE test or his score, just that he achieved a passing mark. Is that correct?"

"Good afternoon,

You are correct. We will receive all the information about marks from the CSSE."

Hope that's helpful.
Manana

Post by Manana »

blah wrote:I had the same query so emailed the Southend admissions office. My mail and the reply are below:

"Hi,

I just wanted to confirm that when applying to the grammar schools, no further information is required to that asked for on the online admissions form. In particular, I don’t need to supply my son’s candidate number from the CSSE test or his score, just that he achieved a passing mark. Is that correct?"

"Good afternoon,

You are correct. We will receive all the information about marks from the CSSE."

Hope that's helpful.
Thanks for that. I still would have preferred a 'tick this box if your child passed box along with a 'please write their candidate number' and 'please write their score' boxes!

I've just checked my online form and underneath where it says 'application submitted' and a green tick-it says in red

Closing date for Submission of Application 31/10/2014 23:59:00

a bit like a warning message of something you haven't yet done!

Can someone confirm that theirs says that too!?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now