Nonsuch exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ladymuck

Re: Nonsuch exams

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flumper

Post by flumper »

DD was a bit downbeat after her Nonsuch exam. Like other posters, she found the maths difficult and missed out 4 questions. Not holding out much hope. Wallington girls was easier I think. Now the waiting is killing me. Can't believe I have to go through all this again for DS in a couple of years time :(
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

They'll pass 540, possibly more depending on the spread of postcodes in front of them.
Hope they give scores per element of the test, as they used to do before, rather than just giving pass/fail sort of result. As there are three equal elements of the test, possibly the cut-offs scores of 2012 will give good indication of likely cut-off for this year.
demitasse

Post by demitasse »

Tiffinboys, Nonsuch and Wallington they have said that at no time will scores be given to those who pass.

Hi flumper - I am finding the waiting a killer too, despite telling myself that it's not the end of the world, etc. DH tells me to stop worrying about matters that are now beyond my control (he's very 'Zen' about these things). :roll: But I don't know how, unfortunately. I can't just 'stop thinking about it'.

Anyone else got other halves who seem far less anxious about the outcome of this process?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Tiffinboys, Nonsuch and Wallington they have said that at no time will scores be given to those who pass.
I am still optimistic about Nonsuch giving more details, as they used to do. Pass/fail result refer to SET only. Wallington Girls were always too evasive about details, just like Sutton Grammar. Tiffin would give scores in both papers. Tiffin Girls give scores in both papers of stage 1 and then give (after allocation date) raw as well as scaled scores in all the 4 papers of stage 2 test.
flumper

Post by flumper »

DH is also quite philosophical - apart from the fact he says that if she doesn't get GS he will go in and give the HT a piece of his mind about her (state primary) school's singular failure to prepare any of its pupils for GS entrance early in Y6.

Yes I know that's another subject/thread altogether :lol:
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

Nonsuch were always quite good about letting parents know scores well in advance but this is the first year of the new format and they do seem more vague about what they will offer. Their website states "The results of the Second Stage Entrance Examination will be emailed to parents during the week of 20 October 2014. This will inform parents whether their daughter is of selective ability before the closing date for the submission of the Common Application Form."

Passing both papers though is a prerequisite to gaining a place so a combined score would not be much use - only a full breakdown as before. Equally overall pass/ fail result would only be helpful if they indicate whether it applies to both papers (a pass in just one is no good for Nonsuch)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

You are spot on, loopylou. That's why I am hoping that Nonsuch would give actual score and cut-off score of each element and as well as Pass to those who pass all the three elements.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Let us see what they do this time, their tradition is to be more open and give more meaningful results than some other Sutton Schools. Hope they keep up to their good traditions.