Out of Catchment Score for Kent Grammar Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

J2Mum

Out of Catchment Score for Kent Grammar Schools

Post by J2Mum »

Can someone please tell me what is the minimum OOC score you need to get into ANY Kent grammar school. Nail biting and waiting.

Thank you.
amfnc

Re: Out of Catchment Score for Kent Grammar Schools

Post by amfnc »

how far away are u? which school are you interested in?
J2Mum

Post by J2Mum »

Hello amfnc,

I am in SE7 London and I am checking my options for Kent and Bexley.

I am interested in Beths (Bexley), DGS, Gravesend and Wilmington.
amfnc

Post by amfnc »

I suspect Bexley schools would be your best bet as they allocate on distance only and you're closer, so Beths or BGS. Unlikely you'll get Wilmington given their new oversubscription criteria and for DGS you'll need a (very) high score. Beths went out as far as you last year.

Good luck!
Kentishmaid

Post by Kentishmaid »

I'm a little confused as to what you mean by any Kent schools. Only a handful take by score, the rest use catchment/ distance so would be no use if you are a long way away. I believe people are speculating 370-380 for judd/ shimmers/togs, but haven't heard any guesses for dartford. Wilmington has just a few places for high scorers.
vaani2003

Post by vaani2003 »

J2Mum wrote:Hello amfnc,

I am in SE7 London and I am checking my options for Kent and Bexley.

I am interested in Beths (Bexley), DGS, Gravesend and Wilmington.

J2Mum how was the results ? My daughter is going to Wilmington Grammar for Girls in Kent and we are from the same area as you are.

PM me , would be glad if i can help
euromum

Post by euromum »

Hi Vaani do you mind if I pm you please too regarding Wilmington Grammar school for girls?
thanks so much in advance!

BTW I think OOC stands for Out of county, not catchment?
sandred

Post by sandred »

Minimum scores depend on how many apply, although not many schools do it that way. Gravesend is on distance and we often struggle in Hartley (about 5 miles away). Wilmington do 10% on top score and the rest on distance. Again we have struggled in the past, but have now been added to the catchment area. Dartford is top 90 in catchment and top 90 OOC. I spoke to the school yesterday (already have 2 boys there) and they have no idea where it will fall. Depends on how many apply and what their scores are. She said she's not heard of a huge number of 400+ scores though, when there cut off on the old test has nearly always been over 400 - (418 2 years ago and 416 I think last year). It is bound to fall significantly this year
HappyLilly

Post by HappyLilly »

Hi, my DS has got 359 and we are OOC (in Essex). We have no clue which schools to apply so that he has the best chance to get a place. There are so many schools in Kent and many different admission criteria. We are confused.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Also if we plan to move to Kent in the next 1-2 months will that give us an advantage?
sandred

Post by sandred »

Depends where in Kent you move to for Wilmington and Gravesend. Dartford is score, so wouldn't make that much difference really. Look at the areas in their catchment I guess, but it's only top 90 passes in that area.Don't know re other Kent grammars I'm afraid