HSFG uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
DebsB

HSFG uniform

Post by DebsB »

I can't find anything about uniform on the HSFG website. (Actually I can't find much about anything on the HSFG website. Compared with websites for other schools I've been involved with, it seems very limited. The main school prospectus is even worse - loads of gush about how important sport and drama and community involvement are, with no specific information about anything at all, that I can see. :( However, I am choosing a school based on what it will be like for her if she goes there, not based on whether they can create and informative website or prospectus.)

Can any HSFG parents tell me what exactly DD will have to wear if she goes there? What restrictions on type of skirt? Are they allowed to wear trousers in winter? The prospectus shows some girls in ties and others not. Is the tie optional, or is it not worn in the summer, or what?

Thanks.
Stressed?Moi?

Re: HSFG uniform

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Dd is at Ribston so can't help you with the finer detail, but if you look on the Trutex website it gives full information on there. The shop itself is at the bottom on Southgate St. Warning, when it's time, don't go there to buy it too late in the summer as the shop is busy.... and I mean busy. It stocks uniform for all of the Gloucester schools. P.s my friend's daughter goes to HSFG and absolutely loves it.
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

We had all the info about uniform in the Y7 starters booklet last year (we were given it on the Welcome evening). I wouldn't stress about it til then!
Trutex in Glos are very knowledgeable too.
We have blazer, striped long sleeve shirt, tie, jumper, straight skirt with 1 slit at back, long blue socks & blue or black tights.
For P.E. she has skort, white logo top, hoodie, blue logo P.E. trousers(can't remember if they have a diff name) & hockey socks (although not sure if we really needed to buy those), sports bag, trainers.
They hold regular nearly new sales after school which are excellent too. :)
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Trutex is in Northgate Street Glos. We went end of July, it was fine just don't leave it too late!

Summer uniform is short sleeved shirt without tie although they are strict on the date it can be worn from. I haven't bought it yet. I've only seen a few Asian girls wearing trousers & I think they were sixth form.

There are apparently 2 sorts of skirt, the one I described above & a pleated (non rollupable one!) Trutex didn't have that one when we went in & I don't think many wear it at all. Vast majority wear the straight one, with slit at back.

Hope that helps :D

(Oh, & my DD absolutely loves it there!)
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

Thanks everyone :)
It only lists the back vent skirt. I'm not sure that's a shape that's going to fit DD very well, but we'll see. I'm still confused about the shirts, though - the Trutex site shows long and short sleeved open neck shirts, nothing with a top button for wearing with a tie, but then it also lists a tie. :?

Sorry - cross posted with Watermelon8. :oops:

Thanks for the clarification. DD will be pleased to hear about the long socks - she hates tights ATM, although I think she may decide to put up with them if that's what everyone else is wearing.
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Majority wear tights although some wear socks. DD wears socks on P.E days or sports club days just for ease! :lol:
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

My DD started off wearing socks and switched to tights in a week or so!

They only wear the open neck short-sleeved shirt for a portion of the summer term (i.e. during the 2 short terms after Easter). I wouldn't buy that until much close the time, in case she grows out of it. I also made heavy use of their second hand uniform sales - really cheap, and good quality.

Most of the time it's long sleeved shirt, tie, back-vent skirt (the other skirt type was an experiment - and still an option - but very few girls wear it), blazer. Jumper is optional.

PE and games is polo shirt, skort, hoodie, jogging bottoms, white trainers.

Weaver
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

DebsB wrote:I can't find anything about uniform on the HSFG website. (Actually I can't find much about anything on the HSFG website. Compared with websites for other schools I've been involved with, it seems very limited. .
The info you need is on the downloads page - http://www.hsfg.org/about-us/downloads/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just scroll down.

I agree it could be placed somewhere more obvious.
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

Weaver wrote:
DebsB wrote:I can't find anything about uniform on the HSFG website. (Actually I can't find much about anything on the HSFG website. Compared with websites for other schools I've been involved with, it seems very limited. .
The info you need is on the downloads page - http://www.hsfg.org/about-us/downloads/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just scroll down.

I agree it could be placed somewhere more obvious.
Thanks Weaver. :)

I'm not really worrying about uniform yet. I just don't want DD deciding she doesn't want to go to HSFG after all, just because she hates wearing tights and thought there might not be an alternative!
Amber

Post by Amber »

If you were choosing a girls' grammar school on uniform, then HSFG would have to be your choice DebsB - they look nice in navy skirts and blazers and a stripy blue and white blouse. Definitely nicer than Ribston's green and yellow, Stroud High's purply-reddy and Pates boring grey and black.