scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scores

Post by Guest »

Hi there,
What is the maximum score for reading grammar school. how many marks is it for essay writing. What is the minimum a student should achieve to stand any chance. Do they take average of all the subjects or each individual subject needs to be passed.
Sorry, tooooooo many ques?? :roll:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi,

If you pass you don't know and probably won't care. :) :)

Last year "Wilf" asked and was given his result,

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... c&start=75

Quote:
Hi Can anyone advise me whether it is worth appealing in relation to teh Readign exam. The school takes the first 100 (standardised mark above 335.2 - this equates to about 83%) my son achieved 326.90. I was surprised at the result and contacted the school who were very helpful and said my sons scores were maths 90%, English 88%, essay 86% but VR only 67% and this is what let him down. We only decided to go for the test at the last minute and did not know what to practise (we only found this website later). I see form your Q and A that not havign prepartaion for VR is nto a strong ground for appeal but, given his other marks which would have put him high up the list, could we aregue that the final score does not reflect his true ability ? any advice welcome
Many thanks
Info. from Wilf

When I spoke to the admissions office (who were very helpful) it did not appear that the essay was a tie breaker. Iwas given teh mark out of 20 for the essay, out of 65 for English, out of 50 for maths and out of 85 for VR. I think the marks are then multiplied by a factor to standardise (eg so all are out of 100 or 3 main out of 120 and essay out of 40 for example). Anyway - just my thoughts

Hope that helps, best wishes,

stevew61
guest123

scores

Post by guest123 »

My child scored 112 /141 in Bucks exam so not sure if this equals around 79%, so Im hoping a similar score for Berkshire she may get in.

This is my first exp of 11 plus and feel it is alot of pressure on the Kids.

Good Luck on 6/12

:lol:

Post by Guest »

In which month was your son born??

Post by Guest »

January.