Is a score of 374 good enough for Togs?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

qazsfsdfd

Is a score of 374 good enough for Togs?

Post by qazsfsdfd »

Considering that overall scores are much lower this year :?
PurpleDog

Re: Is a score of 374 good enough for Togs?

Post by PurpleDog »

Difficult to know but there is an open day at Togs next Thursday so they may give a few hints then.
I would have thought it's definitely worth a shot.
My DD got 381 and I'm hoping that's enough.
qazsfsdfd

Post by qazsfsdfd »

PurpleDog wrote:Difficult to know but there is an open day at Togs next Thursday so they may give a few hints then.
Hmm the schools are being very vague on cut offs
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

qazsfsdfd wrote:
PurpleDog wrote:Difficult to know but there is an open day at Togs next Thursday so they may give a few hints then.
Sadly they aren't doing it on purpose. They do not know the scores for all, KCC do and they might offer them guidance but your best bet is to look around the web and anyone who has gone for a foi will get the info. Takes time.

I believe togs took 387 last year and I'm told they are thinking 380 plus.
Carpediem247

Post by Carpediem247 »

If they took 387 last year does that mean as the pass mark went down by 40 then the 387 should go down by 40 too, or does it not work like that? I have heard the marks are more bunched up this year? Was 387 the mark after all the different rounds of allocations?
qazsfsdfd

Post by qazsfsdfd »

Carpediem247 wrote:If they took 387 last year does that mean as the pass mark went down by 40 then the 387 should go down by 40 too, or does it not work like that? I have heard the marks are more bunched up this year? Was 387 the mark after all the different rounds of allocations?
386 was the cut off for applicants off the waiting list. It appears that a score of 360-390 is about average :?
qazsfsdfd

Post by qazsfsdfd »

UncleBob wrote:
qazsfsdfd wrote:
Sadly they aren't doing it on purpose. They do not know the scores for all, KCC do and they might offer them guidance but your best bet is to look around the web and anyone who has gone for a foi will get the info. Takes time.

I believe togs took 387 last year and I'm told they are thinking 380 plus.
What is a foi?
whythis11plus

Post by whythis11plus »

From Tonbridge Girls website

Kent Test 11+ assessment results will be sent to families by KCC on Wednesday 15th October after 4pm. Due to changes in the test this year it is impossible to predict where cut off scores will settle. This year, more than ever, it will be essential that families put schools on their application form in the order that they genuinely prefer them regardless of other factors like historical scoring patterns which will not be reliable as a guide. All the indications are that scores are lower than in previous years so families should not be discouraged from naming TGS as a high preference if they feel that the school offers their girls the best environment for the next step in their education

http://www.tgs.kent.sch.uk/year7-admissions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So I believe the cut off would go to lower than the last year.
Carpediem247

Post by Carpediem247 »

FOI = freedom of information

360-390 average, could you explain?
Mumof2boyskent

Post by Mumof2boyskent »

Carpediem247 wrote:If they took 387 last year does that mean as the pass mark went down by 40 then the 387 should go down by 40 too, or does it not work like that? I have heard the marks are more bunched up this year? Was 387 the mark after all the different rounds of allocations?
Would be good to know where the bunching is, it will depend on the distribution of scores from 320 - 420, if the majority of scores are for example under 380, then anyone with a score above that should be in with a very good chance for super selective.

From the results in my DC school that I am aware of, there seems to be a bunch at around 375-395 and a bunch around 325-340, I wonder if this is typical across schools? The maths seems to have caught a lot of people out!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now