Online Results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Booklady

Online Results?

Post by Booklady »

Hi All - my DD has come home today and said that if you registered online for the testing, which we did, that results would be available online after midnight tonight.
Having spent last nigh on a plane I won't be staying up that late anyway - But - I can't see where on the website, and it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere either.

Does anyone know if this is true - and - if it is - what the link is?

Thanks! :)
Sally-Anne

Re: Online Results?

Post by Sally-Anne »

Sadly not true: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... t-results/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the other hand, allocations are published online, and they have been known to appear at the dead of night. (A bit like an EPE Mod, really!)
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

I wasn't aware of this, that would be much better than waiting for the postman!

You can check results online for the Slough Consortium, they say online results will be available when the results have been posted, which hopefully will be tomorrow.

I doubt it is the case for Bucks as no info anywhere mentions this.

I'll still be up at midnight though :wink:

Best of luck to all.

XX
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Sally-Anne wrote:Sadly not true: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... t-results/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the other hand, allocations are published online, and they have been known to appear at the dead of night. (A bit like an EPE Mod, really!)
That link is quite clear!

Really not helpful that the partner school DD goes to told them otherwise!! :roll: :roll:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Booklady wrote:That link is quite clear!

Really not helpful that the partner school DD goes to told them otherwise!! :roll: :roll:
Oh, for goodness sake! :roll: Please put them right ...

Personally, I think that publishing results online prior to the start of the next school day is a horrendous idea, especially in wholly selective areas like Bucks, where the outcome is "the talk of the town".

Call me a Luddite if you will, but I have come round to the idea that BCC has it right.

Many parents and children need time to come to terms with the outcome. In DS1's case, we took the whole weekend to decide on how best to equip him to face his (qualified) school friends on Monday morning.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think they could be posted online at 5pm then we would avoid the crew that just HAVE to open the letter in the school car park. It would also be equal for in county and out county; why should out county applicants know first ?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Guest55 wrote:I think they could be posted online at 5pm then we would avoid the crew that just HAVE to open the letter in the school car park. It would also be equal for in county and out county; why should out county applicants know first ?
I agree with that suggestion in principle, but I suspect that it would be a bit of a nail-biter in County Hall for the Admissions team and the Techies on a Friday afternoon.

10am Friday morning might work? Kids are in school at that point?

Mind you, they'd all have flippin' mobile phones hidden in their bags and be waiting for Mummy's text, of course! :roll:
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

This time tomorrow it will all be over and clear ....... :) :roll:

Good luck to all!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Good luck to you and your DC, Booklady.

We've both been here a long time ...
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

OK, 4pm then - it needs to be after school.

They could trial it next year with the paper system as back-up and I'm sure it's no worse than printing 7000+ letters in one go. Just imagine what that's like!

Hoping for lots of good news tomorrow and please don't upset the mods people; we need them. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now