Bournemouth and Poole results 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

fernie

Bournemouth and Poole results 2014

Post by fernie »

Just found out that my son is eligible for both Bournemouth and Poole :)

We are outside area for both. Bournemouth have said in their letter they have 221 eligible boys for 150 places. Anyone know whether we can get any other useful information before filling out the application?
Bomoboy

Re: Bournemouth and Poole results 2014

Post by Bomoboy »

Well done to your son Fernie!!!

Just got it in the post. My son is eligible for Bournemouth!!! :D So pleased for him!
Last edited by Bomoboy on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
fernie

Post by fernie »

Congratulations to you and your son, Bomoboy!

My son got 218 for Bournemouth, so very close to yours. He got 135 for Poole which I think is pretty good but we are out of area. We need to have a good talk about which one we want most but obviously I am trying to second guess now how good his chances are of a place at each one!

I am guessing that quite a lot of the boys will have tested for both schools, so if they have 220 eligible, many of those will have tested for both schools so quite a number may choose to apply to PGS - and the same applying for Poole, so the number eligible will not all end up applying as some will choose Bournemouth.

Big relief to have passed the test as he did not have any tutoring etc but it's going to tough waiting to hear whether he gets in or not.
Bomoboy

Post by Bomoboy »

It is difficult to see what would guarantee a place really! I think there is more chance of getting into Bournemouth if you are out of area but hard to tell without knowing what the other marks are like. Good luck with it all! Hope that your son gets into the one he likes best.

I think a lot of children that aim for Poole do both exams but probably less the other way around as Poole except so few out of catchment. The headmaster of Bournemouth School said that all those that were eligible for Bournemouth and wanted to go there got in last year.
BournemouthDad

Post by BournemouthDad »

Congrats to all!

The letter is on the side and we will let Jnr open in about 45 mins time, when he gets in.

Either way, we are very much leaning towards the Bishop rather than the Grammar but it would be good to have the choice. Fingers crossed!

BTW...my understanding is that all those who applied to both Poole and Bournemouth last year got in if they chose to. But this years figures above would indicate that more attained the pass mark.
Bomoboy

Post by Bomoboy »

Good self control!! I am not telling my son that I have opened the envelope and my husband is going to sound surprised when he calls!!!
BournemouthDad

Post by BournemouthDad »

He got 226. Very happy with that.

Now we have to decide between BS and Bishop...tough tough choice :?
fernie

Post by fernie »

Congratulations to your son, BournemouthDad.
Bomoboy

Post by Bomoboy »

Congratulations!!! Great mark! Good luck with deciding!! :D
BournemouthDad

Post by BournemouthDad »

Cheers guys and you. A good day all around! :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now