Newstead score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
charlene67

Newstead score

Post by charlene67 »

Hello , my daughter just scored 198 in the results from entrance exam , we live 10 mins from the school , does anyone have any views on whether it's worth putting them down as 1st choice still ? Is there really no hope ?
Ahmedfamily

Re: Newstead score

Post by Ahmedfamily »

charlene67 wrote:Hello , my daughter just scored 198 in the results from entrance exam , we live 10 mins from the school , does anyone have any views on whether it's worth putting them down as 1st choice still ? Is there really no hope ?
Hi, we are also in this situation and would like to hear an opinion on this. My theory is that ultimately we don't know what this years cut off is for sure so unless you have another 6 schools to list on the council form then I see no harm in listing newstead as one of them, maybe my way of thinking is wrong, but that is our plan. Let's see if anyone else has advice on this :-)
charlene67

Post by charlene67 »

Hi
I did speak to Bromley Education and they said you have to list Newstead as a first choice as that is only way you will get offered a place from them if they decide to take in more students with lower scores , that worrys me about risking not getting an offer from your second choice ......
Mich895

Post by Mich895 »

Hi Charlene67,

The schools do not know what order you place them in on your CAF. so if you put Newstead 1st and do not get a place, your 2nd choice moves up to 1st on your list.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

What the LA person means is that you have to have put the Newstead Wood higher on your CAF than the school that you have been offered - otherwise they will assume that you are happier with what you got than you would be with a place at Newstead Wood, even if your score would now qualify you for one. IYSWIM :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx