Rayleigh to SSHB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Slickchick

Rayleigh to SSHB

Post by Slickchick »

Hi

I'm new to the forum and wondering if someone can help me. Is there a CSSE bus that goes from Rayleigh straight to SSHB?

Thank you
ToadMum

Re: Rayleigh to SSHB

Post by ToadMum »

Slickchick wrote:Hi

I'm new to the forum and wondering if someone can help me. Is there a CSSE bus that goes from Rayleigh straight to SSHB?

Thank you
There isn't one which goes direct to SHSB without stopping anywhere else. But seriously, why would you want to pay all that money when you have multiple public services - depending on where you are in Rayleigh, and for the price of an 'Octopus', less than ten pounds a week if you buy a four-weekly, your DS can whichever bus he wants, at any time, anywhere between Rawreth and Landwick? Alternatively, if you are near Rayleigh station, it is a short journey to Prittlewell then an easy walk to the school.

Consortium buses are great, I'm sure, if you live somewhere like Danbury or Maylandsea, but very inflexible, making it difficult for pupils to say, decide on the day, as DS2 often does, that perhaps today he will go to Wargames Club / Science Soc etc.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Jo_Pot

Post by Jo_Pot »

Hi, my son goes to WHSB and we live in rayleigh and he gets the 511 from the Eastwood road and that terminates at shsb. It's a first bus although not open to the public, but you flag it down like a normal bus. My son has the octopus pass which gets him onto any bus, so he has the option of the 20 as well. The 20 stops outside shsb so is a good back up if at an after school club. If you have a look on the csse website at the first bus times and routes it's on there. It took us a couple of weeks to get into the swing of which was the best bus to get.
Good3boys

Post by Good3boys »

Lots of boys get the train into prittlewell station and walk up to school. The train leaves about 7:35 from Rayleigh - Hope that helps.