SCAF Form order - Help please!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kal12003

SCAF Form order - Help please!

Post by kal12003 »

Help please!

Have managed (with the help of admissions to completely confuse myself.
DD didn't pass Kent test but will appeal in March.

1. Do the appeal panel see the order of schools placed on the form? Would it go against us if we put Grammar second?

2. Would we jeporidise our chances of getting into our preferred non grammar school by putting it second after grammar. School is v popular.

Admissions have said as dd did not pass the Kent test we should only put Grammar in 3rd or 4th place.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)
Tinkers

Re: SCAF Form order - Help please!

Post by Tinkers »

Put them in your preferred order. So if you want the GS, put that first. It will not affect your chances of getting your second or third choice if you don't get your first. If you don't get your first, yoyour second choice automatically becomes your first etc.

Not sure about appeals panels knowing the order, but I believe they don't know.
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

Thanks Tinkers.

Would those who have placed non Grammar first have a better chance than us if I place it second after Grammar which we won't get? Hope that makes sense :)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Crossed posts :D

I thought the idea of appealing was to get a place at a school which had turned your application down - in which case, putting the school which you really want but which will definitely refuse your DD a place below one or more schools for which she does qualify seems a bit strange.

Put the grammar you really want at the top of your list, then all the rest in your true order of preference - or 'willing-to-make-do-with-ness' IYSWIM. You won't get the GS, but then your no.2 preference is moved up to no.1 and so on. On arch 2nd you will be told, no place at GS due to non-qualification, but this is what you are appealing for anyway.

The schools are not allowed to know where you have placed them on your CAF, only that they are being asked to consider your DD for a place.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

kal12003 wrote:Thanks Tinkers.

Would those who have placed non Grammar first have a better chance than us if I place it second after Grammar which we won't get? Hope that makes sense :)
Where you place a school on your CAF has no bearing on whether they give you a place.
This might help explain it better.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now