re test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
confusedmom

re test

Post by confusedmom »

Does any one know when the resists for those who were sick on the original exam date?? Only not seeing what everyone else thought of their childs efforts (?) .... well the suspense!
I would also like to give my support and thanks to all the long standing members who's advice guided soooo many people through this process so far.... and just to say that it may be difficult to come to grips with BUT their are kind people still around in this world and to tell them NEVER lose heart x :lol:
normalmum

Post by normalmum »

I thought it was a week later on the Monday?? Perhaps KenR may know otherwise??
Keeping mum

Post by Keeping mum »

Surely that test must be over by now??? Anyone know? :roll:
KenR

Post by KenR »

Sorry don't have any information on the 2nd test date.
moseley mum

keg resits

Post by moseley mum »

hi all
the resists were definitley on the monday 12 nov.

Post by Guest »

Chocks away, then!!!

Post by Guest »

Would any of the parents whose children have recently sat the tests be prepared to kindly share any info relating to content, as this may be of some help to parents of future candidates.

Many thanks in grateful anticipation
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Hello everyone! This is my first post, but I have lurked extensively in the run up to my son taking the test.

My son was fantastically vague about it all when he did it. He did a bunch of mock tests in the run up to the 11+ with his tutor and always said he'd done quite well......then he'd get the results and he'd got about 60%, so take anything he's said with a pinch of salt.

He said the section where you had to give the meanings of words was really, really hard, and he didn't know what any of the words were, but mispronounced the one word he could remember anyway, so it could have been anything :lol:

He is now telling me that he found the comprehension quite good, as we'd inadvertently been doing a stage harder with the Bond books *oops*

He's normally very strong at maths, but found this test very difficult and missed loads out. He couldn't remember anything about the ?verbal reasoning (I'm not sure what the other sections were now). For both of these, again, we used the Bond books.

But his friend came out of there saying it was all easy and he answered all the questions, and he didn't prepare as much as my son. I think an enormous amount has to do with confidence on the day. My poor lad is quite shy and easily put off, so panicks if he doesn't get a question right and then goes blank and can't do any more. His mate is a much more confident and therefore keeps plugging on.

We shall see in March, anyway. Good luck to all the other kids that sat this test!
moseley mum

retests

Post by moseley mum »

my son sat the test at camphill. my husband took him there and said it was well organized and was very calm.
My son was quite relaxed and was more concerned that he might miss the football on sky than the actual exam.
he came out quite calm and said the maths ( which his strongest subject- just got a 5a in mock sats ) was really hard and didn't finish all the questions.
The verbal reasoning was hard - the words were difficult and probably knew 60% of them and guessed the rest. NOn verbal was easy. The english seemed straight forward aswell.
now the long wait.
moseley mum

resits

Post by moseley mum »

Hi
the forum in birmingham seems very quiet while all else seems to be buzzing.
Wondered if there is something i should know.
Seems very lonely here in brum, seem to be spending more and more time reading about the shananigans in rehab, so lets get this party started.
see, seem to have lost my marbles- don't know if that's to do with test or christmas!!