Woodford County(WCHS) Vs Chelmsford Count(CCHS)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NM38

Woodford County(WCHS) Vs Chelmsford Count(CCHS)

Post by NM38 »

My DD scored enough to get WCHS and CCHS. Which one do I choose?
ToadMum

Re: Woodford County(WCHS) Vs Chelmsford Count(CCHS)

Post by ToadMum »

NM38 wrote:My DD scored enough to get WCHS and CCHS. Which one do I choose?
A sensible decision would be the one which it is easier to get to, really. If one is into league tables, I would guess that CCHS probably comes higher up, but not really worth saddling one's child with a long / difficult journey if it can be avoided. If your DD has even been able to take the Redbridge 11+, I assume that you are probably nearer to WCHS?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Agreed, whichever has the shortest/ easiest journey. This will enable her to join in the extra curricular activities much easier, as well as have more time to relax and study!
moved

Post by moved »

We moved house, we had to anyway for DH and work, but it meant that both children could walk to school in under 15 mins.

This gave them a lot of 'me' time to do clubs, read a book, play a game, etc. I'm glad they had that time.

Now DD is 16 she travels to CRGS, which was her choice for a variety of reasons including league tables.
NM38

Post by NM38 »

Thanks correct. WCHS is just about 4.5 miles away which CCHS is 23 Miles from here. But heard that there are coaches available to drop in front of the school. Is it worth choosing CCHS?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

NM38 wrote:Thanks correct. WCHS is just about 4.5 miles away which CCHS is 23 Miles from here. But heard that there are coaches available to drop in front of the school. Is it worth choosing CCHS?
It's not like you - or rather your DD :shock: - are faced with the choice between a 46-mile round trip to CCHS and the local sink comp, is it? A private coach is all very well, but what about after-school activities or just hanging out with friends for a while at home-time? Do you really fancy driving all that way for parents' evenings, school concerts etc? Ultimately, it's your choice, but if it were my DD, she would be staying local :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx