Traveling attending St. Clement Danes from Kenton/harrow?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JHI

Traveling attending St. Clement Danes from Kenton/harrow?

Post by JHI »

Hello. Can anyone give me any feedback on SCD from harrow/kenton. We live there and our son may have a place through music. WE missed the open day so trying to glean info from our parents but it looks amazing. Seems like a lovely school, gets great results, just not sure about adding the hour commute each day versus local schools. Thanks for any insight advice. Also... wondering what it would be like to be new and that most children may be from chorleywood. What was it like to be an outsider starting the school if your child is quiet.
AML

Re: Traveling attending St. Clement Danes from Kenton/harro

Post by AML »

I hope you don't mind me asking what did you son get on his music score, not much info on the forum re the music scores.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Hi
The person to ask is hamscd. I'm pretty sure that if you search through his posts you will find one about travelling from Kenton.
IHOP

Post by IHOP »

I can't help with the travelling question but my DD is currently in Year 7 at SCD and the only pupil from our village. Her form group is made up of non-local children so they are all in a similar boat. It seems to have worked well with the settling in process.

HTH
CeciC

Post by CeciC »

Hi, My daughter goes to SCD (Y9) and there is, at least, a boy from Harrow, and I don't think he is had any problems settling in with pupils more local. They are all "new" to the school and the teachers, for my experience, are very good settling the kids to the new school. My Daughter had 2 more friends in her class form, but most of the other kinds are not from Chorleywood, but you wouldn't have said that, the way she speaks about the other students in her class. It sounds like she had known them for years. I am afraid I don't know how is the travelling for him. I know, though, he takes the tube from Harrow on the Hill to Chorleywood and walks the rest.
hh_hopeful

Post by hh_hopeful »

There's a school bus, run by Reynolds Coaches, that has a pick-up point at Carpender's Park station, a few stops along the Overground from Kenton station, if that's any use. See: http://www.peterreynoldscoaches.co.uk/t ... le-836.pdf
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

AML, I've started a thread on music scores today which is beginning to gather some data so you may get a feel for the music scores from that.
AML

Post by AML »

thanks Harvester
earkai

Post by earkai »

We live in Kenton as well and my son scored 255 in the test. We are wondering if there is any realistic chance of getting in, though.
decaff

Post by decaff »

Yes a excellent chance. SCD has no academic catchment. Have a look at sticky on school stats at top of page. 255 should be more than enough to secure a place. Well done on such a great score.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now