Birmingham 11+ transferable to Warwickshire (Rugby)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SJF

Post by SJF »

My Son has just received his 11+ results and he has scored a qualifying score for entry (Birmingham).

However I’m currently in the process of a house sale in Birmingham and looking to move to a London Commuter town such as Rugby.

Will they allow my son to transfer his hard work in passing this exam? I’ve seen historically its 209, which he has surpassed?

I've mailed admissions, but if people have a quick answer.

Many thanks in advance. :D (Proud Dad either way!)
chebiyebu

Re: Birmingham 11+ transferable to Warwickshire (Rugby)

Post by chebiyebu »

All you need is to fill the late form which you print off their website and post it to admissions, he will sit the exam and from there you can know your next step. My ds took the Birmingham . Wolverhampton and warwickshire. Last year I was late registering my daughter, she passed but we didnt get offer in march but we where no 1 on sggs waiting list and 3rd for rugby. But both offered her a place, she choose sggs
SJF

Post by SJF »

Ok thanks for the reply....

Blimey I'm trying to make sense of all this. So Birmingham use CEM and Warwickshire use CEM, which looks and sounds the same paper, but he has to go and resit it, just because the ground under his feet is technically a different area?? Also most the dates for late exam seem to have gone and more for sickness etc.

Is it not fair his CEM result gets compared to Warwickshire CEM result or am I simplifying it too much.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Wouldn't it be fun if it were that simple, SJF!
Could just imagine the uproar if I'd have tried to cash in my DS's Warks score for a place at CH last year :shock:

JD
SJF

Post by SJF »

Are the paper questions different between the two then? Is 11+ not a standard to be used across the board... sorry not as geared up just thought my lad was bright enough and took him to sit it. Did not go round to numerous areas until he did pass one.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Yes they are different, I'm afraid. Each LA has their own contract with CEM with their own specific requirements of what the test does. Content can vary greatly and scores are def not transferable. Warks also is standardised against the cohort who took it, so cannot be compared like for like with any other area.

As Chebiyebu says, if you want your DS to attend a Warks GS he'll have to sit the test late and hope to qualify as a late applicant after the first round of allocations.

JD
KenR

Post by KenR »

Blimey I'm trying to make sense of all this. So Birmingham use CEM and Warwickshire use CEM, which looks and sounds the same paper, but he has to go and resit it, just because the ground under his feet is technically a different area?? Also most the dates for late exam seem to have gone and more for sickness etc.
B/Ham and Warwickshire CEM exams have significant differences and the standardisation also differs.

Hence you have to follow the late year-7 admissions process.

(It's different for year-8 onwards as it handled by the respective schools)
SJF

Post by SJF »

Oh well, thanks for the replies. Nothing I could really do as I didn't have Warwickshire address at exam time. Birmingham sale still has another 5 weeks so guess be too late as I still won't have a local address. Just happy he did so well. Thanks all
chebiyebu

Post by chebiyebu »

You don't need a local address to apply right now.you have till February correct me anyone if am wrong to give admissions your new address.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now